Brilliance of the Seas Cruise Review to Transatlantic

Great cruise with interesting ports

Sail Date: August 31, 2013

I looked forward to taking this cruise as I loved the ports it would visit. I wasn't disappointed. The tour I took in Paris was long, but we saw lots of Paris from the bus. Also had time to walk about the Eiffel Tower & go into it if we choose. Cork was a quaint town & Dublin was busy, busy, but fun. Visited St. Patrick's Cathedral among other things. The Faroe Islands were interesting. I took the boat trip to view the Vestmanna Cliffs & enjoyed the boat ride as well as the Cliffs. I sat outside on the top of the boat & it was quite chilly, but survived. Wear warm clothing. Reykjavik was also interesting. I took the Panoramic tour all around. I think one can see more from a tour bus than trying to seek things out on your own.
I found all things to be quite expensive from food to goods in all places.
The Brilliance looks great since it has been refurbished, but I found the alcoholic beverages to be much too expensive. The food in the main dining room was a disappointment also. Not much variety & all the beef but the tenderloin was tough & unchewable. Our dining room waiters & room steward were great! All the help was great!
I used the fitness center almost every day & it's quite nice. Lots of up-to-date equipment. Classes are also offered.
All said it was a good trip. I would recommend this cruise.
Ship looked good after refurbishing.
Not much to write home about.
Steward was very good.
They all seemed helpful.
I enjoyed most of the entertainment, but the music at the production shows was much too loud.
Children's Programs Didn't use
It seems like they had lots of dancing, but if one is traveling alone, it doesn't do me much good.
I enjoyed the tours I took
Harwich (London), England
Le Havre (Paris), France
Enjoyed touring Paris.
Portland (Weymouth), England, Uk
Cobh (Cork), Ireland
Took a Panoramic tour.
Dublin, Ireland Another Panoramic tour.
Klaksvik, Faroe Islands
Saw the Vestmanna Seacliffs.
Boston, Massachusetts
Went from ship to airport.

Go to the Windjammer buffet for breakfast & lunch because if you go to the main dining room, it will take forever. There is more variety at the buffet anyhow Also, if you have an early AM tour, have room service for breakfast. They were always very prompt on the time. Don't forget to give a tip.