Not a vacation, a lifestyle!

Brilliance of the Seas Cruise Review to Panama Canal, Central America

Contributor Level: Second Mate

Sail Date: December 01, 2006
Ship: Brilliance of the Seas
The ship is beautiful. I love the glass elevators. The people working the ship were great. In talking to some of the staff, most people have worked on the ship for four years and a lot of them have spouses or relationships on the ship. To me, that translates to people that enjoy working together and it shows to the customers. My teens loved the clubs and my pre-teen loved the Adventure Ocean program. I loved sitting by the pool!

We all mentioned the food wasn't knock your socks off great... I would love to have a pool side hamburger/pizza place that you can walk up and get food at. Windjammer gets a bit old, it seems repetiitive but it works for a quick, easy bite.

the shows were great fun!

My 12 year old loved it, the 11 year old refused to do anything besides the arcade...

see above

The ship is still in tip-top shape.

We had a balcony- it was terrific
We met friends at the beach (Public Beach) from another cruise. We para-sailed and rented wave runners. It was great!
Everyone else loved it- I got a bug and spent the day in my cabin! They said it was their favorite port and loved the beaches
Watching the ship go through the canal was great- we did the ferry tour through all of the canal so we went from the Pacific to the Atlantic in one day!
Do the Conquer your fears! I was fearful and had great fun!

Pros: The ship is a great size for personal attention but big enough to do everything!

Cons: In the winter, the ship is definitely in some rough waters! But the ship is wonderful

Recommends Brilliance of the Seas? Yes!