More than I expected

Avalon Creativity Cruise Review to Europe

Contributor Level: Third Mate

7 Night Paris To Normandy's Landing Beaches (Paris Roundtrip)
Sail Date: August 26, 2014
Ship: Avalon Creativity

From the moment I stepped on board, I was pleased by the service and courteousness of the crew.  The ship was elegant and comfortable, the food was wonderful, and the itinerary kept me interested in every part of the cruise.  All our off ship excursions had wonderful tour guides that spoke English.  I don't speak French, but there was never a problem with this in any of the towns we visited.

I really feel that it was an excellent value for the cost of the trip.

This was my first river cruise, and I called my travel agent the day after I returned to book one next year.

None

Take some time outside on the front open deck area outside the lounge when going through the locks. It is incredible to watch the process as the ship is lifted by the water!
Also, don't forget your camera - the scenery is amazing!

Monet's garden was fantastic!
Great walking tour - shopping here is wonderful in the little shops.
This was a very powerful and moving trip to the landing beaches and US cemetary. It is something I will never forget.
Beautiful unspoiled town with wonderful castle ruins. Wear good walking shoes.
Take time to take a walk when the ship docks in the evening. Go to see the local market as it is setting up early in the morning.

Paris, France Did not visit port

Don't miss the Louvre tour - it is the best way to get into the museum and bypass all the lines.