Anthem of the Seas Cruise Review to Bermuda

Contributor Level: Second Mate

A New Cruise Experience but Still a Great Time

Sail Date: June 11, 2016

Overall, it was a great cruise. Even with most of the days sailing at sea, there was so much to do, we still found ourselves debating which activity to do and how much sleep we can risk ;)

My only criticism is the booking of the onboard activities of the iFly and Northstar. They were booked for the whole week before we even embarked (or shortly thereafter). We tried right after the muster/safety briefing and the slots were all full. I was bummed as this ship was the only one in the area that had these features.

I'm very techie, but for a vacation, I really wanted to check out for a bit and only planned to use my phone for occasional photos. I was quite surprised I'd having to carry my phone with me everywhere booking shows/activities because the Royal IQ app was the preferred method. The Compass was on the app as well, but it still didn't have all the activities in the paper version.  You can add most activities to your calendar, but you can't take off items you added. You also can't seem to add things you really need to remember like the 2 for 1 drink specials (I didn't have a drink package).

The shows, wow, were amazing. The 270 Cafe/Lounge with the Robots and projection screens were awe inspiring and my husband and I enjoyed shows there the most. The food at the cafe was also really good for complimentary food.

The night scene seemed to be lacking, something we tried to get enough sleep to stay up for, but since we did enjoy our sleep, it wasn't too much of a loss. There was a party event on other cruises (Freedom and Allure) called Twenty that drew quite the crowd. The white party on Anthem couldn't compare to Twenty.

Cruise Photos

Book your excursions and onboard events before the cruise. Buy a drink package, and make sure you have the Royal IQ app downloaded on your phone before you embark.