Anthem of the Seas Cruise Review to Bermuda

Anthem of the Seas

Sail Date: May 28, 2016

Embarkation was ridiculous, we waited 2 ours in the waiting area, had the first time appointment to get on the ship, and we are also crown & anchor members to have people walk in crowd the isles instead of going to stand in the back as requested and once they opened the entrance to the ship those people bombarded the entrance.  The RC employees had NO control over the situation so the people who had been waiting for hours ended up getting on after the people who just walked in the door.  It was like being herded like cattle.  This was not a good way to start our cruise.

Once on the ship we immediately went to the activities desk to schedule some onboard activities, such as North Star and iFly (which were some of the main reasons we booked this cruise).  We stood in line over 30 minutes but were able to book the reservations (or so we thought).

Everything was fine until we went to our 10 am reservation we scheduled for North Star the next day.  Guess what.....there was no record of our reservation.  So we were told we had to go to Guest Services to resolve the issue and reschedule.  While waiting in line at Guest Services for another 30 minutes Veron was the person I had the pleasure of explaining my problem too.  She proceeded to tell me that neither of my activities had been scheduled and at this point they were both sold out no longer accepting reservations.  In my disbelief I explained to her that we scheduled the activities with a man from the activities crew and he assured us everything was scheduled.  She stated that she would see what she could do and let us know.  Veron from Guest Services was a rock star, even though it took the whole cruise until the last cruising day to work everything out she made it happen to where I got to experience both activities.  She even helped us every time the bar attendants tried to charge us for drinks we already paid for (which happened several times).  Over the course of the 5 day cruise Veron knew me by name (which is sad for a guest relations person) but worked out great in the end.  My hats off to Veron for going above and beyond to make sure our cruise ended on a good note.

The virtual balcony was very cool, the room was a good size, and the attendant kept it very tidy.
Venon in Guest Services gets 2 thumbs up!!

The activities crew member that "supposedly" helped us on the first day schedule our reservation for North Star and iFly definitely gets a sad face from me.
Cape Liberty (Bayonne), New Jersey
King's Wharf, Bermuda
We booked 2 excursions off the ship and one online through Royal Caribbean. I would recommend booking an excursion off the ship most of the time they are cheaper. One we booked through cruises.com gave us a token to get back to the ship when the excursion we booked through RC did not we had to pay for the transportation back to the ship.

Do as much as you can online before your cruise starts as far in advance as possible.
I had everything planned as far as dinner and activities but could not do the iFly or North Star online because they were already at the max reservations online so had to wait in line to reserve.