Anthem of the Seas Cruise Review to Transatlantic

Lots of tech. Low on touch

Sail Date: October 27, 2015

I've been on many other Royal Caribbean cruises and this one was not one of the best.  The service in the dining room was awful.  Our waitress was almost in tears most nights.  There was only one person serving bar drinks.  I waited at least 20 minutes each time just to get a glass of wine.  One time, he even forgot about me.  It took an hour and a half to receive our main course each night.  I went into the American Icon for breakfast one day.  It took an hour and a half to get my Eggs Benedict and when it came, the eggs were hard boiled, the English muffin wasn't even toasted and the sauce was thick mostly because it was overcooked.  They wanted to bring me another one but by the time we got it, it was now two hours and I was sitting alone at my table.  The wine was expensive (a minimum of $9 a glass) and only very okay.

Because of the rough weather, many of the activities were cancelled and there was no Plan B.  They could have offered alternatives but they didn't.

All in all, not one of my WOW experiences on Royal Caribbean.

Our room steward Doni was excellent. He was very responsive to all our needs.
It wasn't their fault but because of the large number of foreign citizens on board, Immigration took forever to review them and we stood in line for over an hour.
Weather kept most people inside and there were few alternative activities after most of the outside activities were cancelled.
Our waitress Gizele Sousa was wonderful, trying to make it up to us for the incredible time it seemed to take to get the food from the kitchen

Get all your reservations ahead of time. Consider Classic dining because the wait for dynamic was a lot longer.

1 Comment