Great relaxing transatlantic cruise

Allure of the Seas Cruise Review to Transatlantic

Cruises: 7+ cruises

Overall rating:

Allure of the Seas

12 Night Transatlantic (Fort Lauderdale To Barcelona)

Sail date: March 01, 2020

Ship: Allure of the Seas

Cabin type: Balcony

Cabin number: 9206

Traveled as: Singles/Friends

Review summary

The Allure was scheduled to go into dry dock in Cadiz for a major makeover. Once returned to fleet, new and improved public areas. I enjoyed this 12-night TA cruise that had only one port of call—Malaga. What I did not like was moving clocks up 1-hour at noon on day 3, 4, 6, 7, 9 and 10. No need for breakfast...went straight for lunch. Go to the 15-minute fountain show and Johnny Rockets for breakfast at least once if you do this cruise. Blue Planet was excellent! You gotta see the tree!!! Suggest seeing Mama Mia during early evening because of its runtime (147 mins.) excluding the time to get to the theater and obtain a seat. Leaves the rest of the evening for dinner and/or other evening events.

Embarkation

It was a breeze!

Ship experiences

Overall, all of the restaurants I dined were great and service outstanding. I had at least one meal in the main dining room, Coastal Kitchen, Windjammer, Samba Grill, Sabor, 150 Central Park, Park Cafe, Sorrento’s and Johnny Rockets.

The extent of my onboard activities was people watching, meeting new friends in the lounges and relaxing on my balcony.

The stage, ice and water shows were nice. Didn’t quite understand the plot for OceanAria but the diving and water performers were great. The headliner performers and comedians were great. The matinees gave you a double dose of a performance you may have enjoyed.

Did not travel with children.

Outstanding! No concerns or complaints.

Washy...washy

Cabin steward was great...no complaints about my cabin, which was centrally located on the ship.

Ship tip

Make sure you take photos from the public balcony on deck 9 near the elevators. There is no signage. Just a heavy door.

Ports of call

Malaga, Spain

Since I had visited Malaga two days on a previous cruise and did all the touristy stuff to include a horse drawn tour and visiting the museums, this time I was on a personal mission to purchase honey rum. Mission accomplished!

Barcelona, Spain Did not visit port

Trying to beat the midnight travel ban. Spain became a no travel country the next day.

Disembarkation

Disembarkation was a breeze. Instead of leaving my luggage outside my cabin for pickup, I decided to “walk off” to ensure I had adequate time at the airport because of the midnight travel ban that was to go in effect midnight March 13th.