Breezing the Caribbean

Allure of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Cruises: 2-3 cruises

Overall rating:

Allure of the Seas

7 Night Eastern Caribbean (Ft. Lauderdale Roundtrip)

Sail date: November 03, 2019

Ship: Allure of the Seas

Cabin number: 3852

Traveled as: Large Group

Review summary

The pictures were expensive and available at the last night before debarking next morning. I would love to still be able to see the pictures and possibly purchase some from my group online. That should be an option!

Embarkation

It was ok. Had I known the gangway was a very long walk up hill, I would have requested wheelchair assistance.

Ship experiences

Main dining was very good. Lots of variety and very tasty means. The specialty restaurants were great as well. The buffets were very good and extremely busy with exceptional views.

The fitness center was larger than I expected. The 70's show and the karaoke were great!

The musicians were all very good.

The boardwalk was full of entertainment for both children and adults. The merry go round was repeatedly requested by the little one with us.

Patrick was an exceptional steward, Mark in the Chop House was excellent as well as Iputu and Barrington our main dining room waiters. Basil was also exceptional and attentive with the drinks.

All of the areas were very clean. The design is exceptional! I commend the ship's personnel for encouraging cleanliness by providing massive hand sanitizers and staff to remind patrons. The ship is elegantly beautiful. I loved the ship that elevated on deck 5 and also had a DJ and lots of music. All levels were very well maintained.

My cabin was very roomy and accommodated me comfortably. The cabin was always clean and Patrick was a very attentive steward. My cabin was able to house my scooter a well. I was very comfortable.

Ship tip

Be sure to go onto the boardwalk and capture ascending pictures of the ship's name with your friends, family or yourself. Magnificent view!

Ports of call

Ft. Lauderdale (Port Everglades), Florida

This port was quite chaotic upon arrival. Lanes are not clearly marked for autos, vans, or buses (small or large). Officers directing traffic were more confusing than helpful.

San Juan, Puerto Rico

Very nice. It is very commercialized. The food was good and wonderful views as well.

Perfect Day At Coco Cay, Bahamas

We docked at this port but the weather kept us from visiting the island. The view from the ship was beautiful even with the extremely choppy water and splashing waves against the shore.

Disembarkation