Allure is for me!!

Allure of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Contributor Level: Second Mate

7 Night Western Caribbean (Ft. Lauderdale Roundtrip)
Sail Date: February 25, 2018
Ship: Allure of the Seas
Cabin Number: GTY
Reviewed: 1 month ago
This review will offer suggestions and some feedback which I hope you will find useful and entertaining. I am interested in your comments!
Port is mobbed on sailing day. The porters are pushy. The traffic police are understandably aggressive. After that, Royal Caribbean takes care of check in for the 6,500 guests.

MDR is fantastic. Food and service are wonderful. Only complaint is that the menu has changed that you order dessert at the beginning, not after the main course. I also enjoyed breakfast there.
Windjammer is very good. Many options for breakfast and lunch.
I love the Park Cafe! They offer salads, desserts, sandwiches including carved roast beef.
Cafe Promenade and Sorrento's are good for late night bites.
Wipeout Cafe is convenient near the pool, but has a limited selection.
The boardwalk hot dogs are a novelty. They are good, but they fill you up so you can't enjoy your next meal.
The donuts are average.
I didn't eat at the Solarium Cafe.

My daughter loved the Flow Rider and rock climbing wall.
My son loved the ping pong and shuffleboard.
My wife loved the ice skating and mini golf.
I loved the zip line and dodgeball.

This is the best part of the Allure.
The Aqua theatre is my favorite. Mama Mia is still playing and still great. Monopoly on ice is fun to see. The juggling act was very good. The comedians were very good. Blue Planet is a little slow.

Selbourn from India and Ines from Croatia were wonderful in the MDR. The head waiter from Lithuania was very helpful and gracious. Selbourn went above and beyond when he helped me bring some food back to my room. Tjuana from Croatia helped me in Jamaica with our excursion and I am very grateful to her.

The ship is gigantic but everything flows perfectly. Central Park, boardwalk and the Royal Promenade are strategically placed. After eating dinner, casually stroll through the Promenade until you walk down an elegant spiral staircase that takes you to the entertainment venues and Amber theatre. Or take the center staircase down to the casino. The choice is yours!

The cabin is clean and serviced twice a day. The bathroom is adequate. It can feel cramped with a family of four, but we didn't spend much time in the room.

Try to choose early dining and reserve as many shows as possible in advance. Also, look for the Park Cafe as a tasty alternative if the Windjammer is busy. The interactive compass near the elevators will give you a real time status of how busy the restaurants are at all times.

I grew up here, but I can't really give advice like a true tourist of Fort Lauderdale.
The beach is good, the flea market is ok. Did not do an excursion.
So many choices. We calmly rode on a bamboo raft. Very relaxing. Been to Montego Bay. Next time we will go to Ocho Rios!
We bought day passes to Playa Mia, a water park at the beach. There are restaurants, shops, many activities for the kids. We love Cozumel!
Downloaded the CBP app to my phone. Entered my passport information and avoided the long lines after retrieving the luggage. You will be on a much shorter line----and thanking me for the tip!