Allure of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Wonderful!

Sail Date: September 04, 2016

My husband was using a scooter for the first time, since he has MS.  The staff went out of their way to accommodate him in the dining room and elsewhere.  Everyone is so pleasant.  This ship is beautiful.  There are so many activities and the evening shows are outstanding.  Don't get me started on the food.  We didn't need to dine in the specialty restaurants because the main dining room food was very good.  (Especially those rolls)  Pizza 24 hours.  Woo-hoo.  This ship is huge, but it took one day to figure out the food was on one side and the entertainment on the other.  Pools were in the middle.  Loved the Oasis and now love the Allure.

If you get a scooter, I would recommend a handicap room. We booked too late to get one. We had to push the couch a little bit aside to tuck the scooter in beside it. It worked out fine.
Organized, organized, organized.
My husband needed a wheelchair to get on and off the ship. They were right there with a wheelchair to help him, and at the exact time they said they would be there when it was time to leave, we were off the ship.
We didn't get off at Nassau or St. Thomas because we have cruised there many times before and I've bought all the jewelry I need for a long time, but St. Kitts was a new stop for us. People were super friendly.
There are so many things to do on the ship. We liked to spend two hours at the pool a day, but there were so many choices. Classes, bingo, talks, shows, eating, drinking, napping, playing games at the pool and elsewhere. Not to mention the wave riding, wall climbing, ice skating, basketball court, mini golf, zip line, movies every day. I can't even mention them all.
Children's Programs Didn't use them, but there were characters interacting with the small children. It was right after Labor Day, so the bigger kids started school.
Outstanding.
Ft. Lauderdale (Port Everglades), Florida
Pretty long walk on the pier. There is a bus but you have to wait a while. The time in port is 7:00 to 2:00.
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
Basseterre, St. Kitts
Small local shopping area. A few tours are available. The only one that had a wheelchair accessible tour of St. Kitts, which we took. Not a very long pier, but they had someone giving rides for $1.

You cannot get into your room until after 1:00. If you're a senior, it would be good to wait until then. They wheeled my husband to a common area, but he had to walk quite a bit to eat and then find our room. If the room was ready, he would have been wheeled right up to the room.

1 Comment