Allure of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Too Many Hidden Costs

Sail Date: July 31, 2016

We were disappointed by some of the staff on the RC.  When we arrived and had to talk with guest services because our drink package cups were not left for us in our room they seemed annoyed. It was very busy but we expected a more friendly welcome.  We were disappointed that the friends we traveled with booked through Costco and were able to cruise for much less.  We did the same things on the boat and they ended with an $84 credit card bill and we ended with a $1200 bill.  They had much more on board credit and didn't have to complete surveys to get their credit assigned.  I'm grateful I was told I would be expecting a check from for my mistake when completing the survey for credit but it is still much less than they got.  There were also too many places were the food and drinks cost extra.  I paid for the Ultimate Drink Package and couldn't even get a milkshake with paying $6. I skipped it but you would think if I could get an alcohol drink the cost of something without alcohol would be included.  We had fun but now I'm home stressing over paying off this vacation. Also at one dinner we had reservations for 10 and they mixed it up so 2 of us had to eat at a different restaurant.  It was very uncomfortable.

Be sure to leave a tip for you stateroom attendant they do a great job and clean your room multiple times per day.

The ship is very crowded and often there are long waits for the elevators. The wait staff for Anytime Dinning were very accommodating. If traveling in a group larger than 4 be sure to make your reservations before boarding or may not be able to have the same wait staff or be able to sit together.