Lots of Fun

Allure of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

7 Night Eastern Caribbean (Ft. Lauderdale Roundtrip)
Sail Date: January 18, 2015
Ship: Allure of the Seas

We had a lot of fun on this cruise. There was something to do all day long. We have three girls ages 11-17 and they were busy from late morning (wake up time) to past midnight. My 14 year old wanted the teen area to be available even later (past 1:30 am!) The shows were great too. They made new friends from other countries like Canada & Brazil and also closer to home. At one point I overheard my daughter say, "I would be happy to stay on the boat all day." Meaning she did not feel the need to get off at ports of call. But we had 2 great beach days also. Bahamas was only a half day with a 1:30 pm boarding time that wasn't so great. Also, the ship is so big that it's very hard to find anyone if you don't make a time & place to meet. That is one drawback and it can be a problem if you or your child can't find each other.

Very accomodating with allergies/special needs as long as they know in advance.

my almost 12 year old was not able to participate in the teen program. They're very strict about the age

The interior balcony meant that we had people ziplining right past our balcony & playing basketball right across from us. I didn't like it and wouldn't recommend. It was the last connecting room available that's why I booked it.

I didn't like that we had to reserve shows in advance. The volume of the people on board makes this necessary but it takes away the spontaneity of a vacation. If you see another activity you want to attend at the same time of a pre-reserved show, you have to make a decision.

Nassau, Bahamas Did not visit port

we just did some shopping. We didn't debark at 7 am, and it was all aboard by 1:30
Beach
Beach. would have been nice if they gave us more time there, it was all aboard by 4:30. And there's a lot of traffic on the island so we had to head back to the boat by 3.