Allure of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Third Mate

loved this ship

Sail Date: September 14, 2014

Traveled As: Family w/young children

We had a wonderful time, the ship was clean, felt new, the dining staff was excellent, our room steward Rodney John was superb and sweet. Our room was comfortable, the activities were fun, loved the parade, shows were really good. Chicago is a must see, so is Oceanaira!

My 4 yr old spent some time in the daycare Adventure Ocean and loved, that gave my husband and I some much needed time to relax in the hot tubs, watch the shows, quiet dinners, etc.

2 different bartenders gave me a bit of attitude when I asked for water, not very polite, when I said thank you they walked away, I guess they get mad when they can't charge 15% for something that is free, this happened in the Boardwalk bar and 15th floor by towels.

Other than that, I recommend this ship!

preferred main dining to windjammer, never tried specialty restaurants
Chicago, so good! Ocean Aria, Blue Planet, all great shows!
climbed the wall, zip line definately a must.
We spent half a day in the Bahamas, don't recommend spending money on excursion, because if you blink, you miss it! We went to Blue Lagoon, it's very pretty, included a big lunch but everything felt rushed.
loved the cabin, nice big window and a comfy sofa right under it to ppl watch.
Ft. Lauderdale (Port Everglades), Florida
spent 2 days here, it was just ok. Not crazy about it.
I love Nassau, being to Atlantis in the past, chose Blue Lagoon this time around, time amount of time spent here wasn't enough. Saw dolphins in blue lagoon, all had injuries to their noses, it was VERY SAD.
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
Best excursion ever, took a snorkel power catamarran to buck island where we saw a lot of turtles, then off to honeymoon beach and back to the ship. The catamarran crew is the best! bunch of lively fun guys with free drinks and music onboard.
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
we took a water taxi to front street, $7 round trip pp, and walked for 5 miles, it was lovely. The street vendors are aggressive, just ignore them! everything seemed overpriced for junk, beer was cheap $1.50, had some local fruit, delish. beautiful island and i felt safe walking around, unlike other islands.

My favorite area was the Boardwalk, pool areas are beautiful too. Central park is very serene and lovely, nice to sit down with a good book. Park Café have really good salads/sandwiches. Coach store is overpriced for bags that are selling elsewhere dirt cheap. Loved the ship/vacation!!

1 Comment