Allure of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Great cruise!

Sail Date: August 31, 2014

This is the second time that we cruised on the Allure of the Seas. It was wonderful. Our cabin was perfect.  The food was outstanding and bountiful. We booked all the shows and the performances were once again terrific. There was always a variety of things to do on this gorgeous ship at any given time, and we tried to fit most of that in. I enjoyed a wonderful head to toe Swedish massage at the Spa. I especially liked the evening Piano Bar entertainer at the Schooner Bar. Captain Johnny was very personable and my husband got a real "kick" out of his playing a musical instrument on the Promenade Deck. In spite of all the people, elevator waits were not very long.  It was a bit crowded at the Solarium and therefore difficult to find a shaded area.  We would have really enjoyed taking a tour of the ship, but the cost was prohibitive. I felt that we were bombarded with sales offers for a variety of items. ( Messages left on phone,at our door) I had a voucher issue that took a few days to resolve, but Guest Services went "above and beyond" and  finally credited our account so that we were very pleased.  All in all, this cruise was extraordinary and we prefer this cruise line to Norwegian and Carnival.

Each deck was beautiful and colorful, with a variety of shopsand thingsto see and do.
We liked the Windjammer the best. Often crew members were there to bring you extra drinks.
I asked for extra towels in my stateroom and immediately I had them.
Each show was unique. They were all my favorites!
We are both in our 60's ,but it was fun to see kids like our grand daughter enjoying the sights and parades and we look forward to taking our grand daughter on a cruise with us in the near future. ( She's 18 months old now and we feel she is too young just yet.)
We ejoyed playing miniature golf and shuffleboard. We did the zip line last cruise and tried our hand at the rock climbing then , too.
Ithought that the excursions were overpriced. Many included the beach and going on another boat and since we live in Florida this did not have much appeal for us.
The bed was very comfortable and we had a decent view of the ocean. We liked going out on the almost always empty and nearby aft deck to watch us sail into and out of port.

Book your entertainment as soon as you book your cruise so that you get the best times/days.