Allure of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Third Mate

Very nice but expensive ship

Sail Date: July 27, 2014

Here is my opinion of this cruise as short as I can be.  The ship itself is very nice and well maintained.  A high quality build with a well thought out design.  I stood in an oceanview balcony room on the 9th deck. The room was nice and they made sure to keep it clean and in order (beds made, fresh towels, etc) a few times per day it seemed.  Elevators were nice (my word of the day) and the majority of time readily available with not too much wait (except during heavy traffic times like dinner or shows).  Stairs were a good alternative depending on where you wanted to go (wide open and inviting).  Some of the shows were good and some were really good.  Same goes for the food.  Plenty of options though (not all free).    If you're not too concerned about $$ and get whatever you desire for the duration of the cruise, expect to spend a good penny.  This cruise will try to squeeze every penny it can out of you and you may just find yourself wanting to jump overboard when you see your final bill.  It feels like a business around many corners so my suggestion is to give yourself a budget and stick with it.  Too many opportunities to spend. Like, a lot.  That part I did not enjoy much. I wanted to just enjoy a long cruise with everything it had to offer but I was left feeling like I really couldn't  afford to enjoy it how I would have liked to since it appeared that most everything cost an arm and a leg. Overall, the cruise was good. Won't comment much on the ports of call. It really depends on what you decide to do once docked.  You gotta try it at least once. Just do a little research beforehand and don't go in too blind.  It's what you make of it afterall.

Service was excellent. Food was ok in some instances and pretty good in others
Better than ok but just not all great in my opinion. Some were great and others pretty good
I find the shows hosted by the cruise director are the best. But this ship was too big to plan your day around the best activities. So you can miss a lot of good ones
Labadee left a bit to be desired. Guess i expected more for less.
I splurged on a balcony oceanview and glad I did. Room looked almost identical to the picture shown. Furniture in a different order tho. Very clean and well kept throughout the days.
Ft. Lauderdale (Port Everglades), Florida Seemed organized and fast paced
Labadee (Cruiseline Private Island)
Could be better. Wish it had more, for less
Falmouth, Jamaica
Depends on what you do. Port itself was nice.
Depends on what you do. Port itself was nice

Check out one of the specialty restaurants during your cruise. Try to catch any activity hosted by the cruise director or activities director. Find the Sundeck on 14th fl to catch a nice sunset or just to lay out in peace. Also deck 5 track at the far back of ship is relaxing as well. Eat dessert!