Allure of the Seas

Allure of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Contributor Level: Third Mate

7 Night Western Caribbean (Ft. Lauderdale Roundtrip)
Sail Date: June 02, 2013
Ship: Allure of the Seas
June 2 through June 9, 2013

My first impression of the ship was not good. With the ship being so large, I was expecting to receive a map of the ship when I checked in like with other cruise lines. I had to ask three ship personnel before I located an employee who had to go find one. This was my 20th plus cruise - I was a little bit overwhelmed upon boarding the ship. With 6100 plus shipmate I thought we would deal with long lines everywhere - boy was I wrong. With that many individuals on board there were a few things that the cruise line could of /should have done better like checking the soda and ice cream machines hourly. Numerous times either the ice or the CO2 was out. But once I apprised an employee they promptly fixed it. I was a little perplexed that they charge for internet for Crown and Anchor platinum members and above, unlike Princess Cruise Line. However, it did not affect my cruise. The variety of food offered in the Windjammer for breakfast and lunch was astonishing. The various other restaurants on board were a wonderful choice. The entertainment was fabulous and entertaining. One issue I had had me visiting the Customer Service area. Claudia Bogdan – Senior Guest Services Officer could not be more helpful. Because of the so called “inconvenient” she had chocolate covered strawberries sent to my stateroom. Very thoughtful but unnecessary. Even though we did had dealing with an employee that had an attitude problem on the zip line (he shouldn’t be in customer service) I still rate the cruise a five star. Everyone needs to treat themselves to the Allure or the Oasis of the Seas ships. Awesome ship!!!!!!!

Wonderful lots of choices

NA

Excellent

Have the roast beef sandwich in Park Place Cafe and the carrot bread in the International Cafe. Don't forget the zipline!!!!

Great - were able to see three wild aligators!
Went kayaking and had a blast

Cozumel, Mexico Did not visit port

Definitely go to Xel-He Park – fantastic. Be aware that it will take about 75 minutes to actually get into the water. They need to be better organized – a lot of wasted time, hopefully after my comments they will look into it. Well worth the $$.