Adventure of the Seas 8532

Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review

Cruises: 7+ cruises

Overall rating:

Adventure of the Seas

8 Night Southern Caribbean (Ft. Lauderdale Roundtrip)

Sail date: January 04, 2020

Ship: Adventure of the Seas

Cabin type: Balcony

Cabin number: 8532

Traveled as: Family (older children)

Review summary

Had a wonderful itinerary. 2 days cruising, 3 days in ports, 2 days cruising. Very relaxing and weather quite sunny and warm. Enjoyed the ABC islands and the ship itself.

Embarkation

Super streamlined and fast! We were on the ship in under 10 minutes.

Ship experiences

Truly enjoyed the Main Dining Room for dinner. RC has improved the quality of the food since our last cruise. They had decent variety and of course our servers were awesome. RC has now incorporated a Vegan Menu. You have to ask for it and it offers more choices for those who are vegetarian. You can tell it’s a work in progress. There were definite ‘hits’ like the corn fritters and vegan cheesecake, but also some ‘misses’ like undercooked eggplant. Knowing RC, they will continue to improve it. Windjammer was fine for lunches while on board and we enjoyed late night snacks there. I enjoyed all of their themed evenings. Never boring! The MDR was excellent for breakfast. I really enjoy avoiding the chaos of the windjammer. We also had a lunch in Chope Grille. I’m not one for Specialty restaurants, but Chops was amazing and worth the upcharge.

There is something for everyone. If you were bored, then maybe cruising isn’t the right vacation for you.

We had David Nastor on this cruise and this was the second time/cruise we saw him. He’s very good/funny and not in the trashy sort of way. All of my teenage children really enjoyed his show. Rookie was outstanding. They were probably the best production I’ve seen at sea. RC performers were good. Did not see the rock n roll show because we had seen the same show on the Grandeur. Did not go to the ice show. I normally enjoy the piano/singer in the Schooner Bar, but didn’t go this cruise because I was sick with a nasty head cold and pretty much was in bed by 10-10:30 every night.

Our room attendant was awesome. Turkirin took very good care of me by bringing me extra pillows and tissues lol and keeping the bathroom sanitized. He also fitted our bed with A LOT of extra padding because the bed is so hard.

Cabin was clean and relatively spacious. Was the first time we had a balcony stateroom. Would probably not spend the money for balcony again for 2 reasons. First would be that the balcony door had a constant wind whistle. Secondly, my husband and I didn’t really use it. We spend very little time in our room as we are out and about most of the time. Will go back to having a plain outside cabin just to have natural daylight.

Ship tip

Just relax.

Ports of call

Ft. Lauderdale (Port Everglades), Florida

Stayed 2 nights prior to our cruise at Homewood Suites in Dania Beach. Hotel was very good and close to the airport. They did offer shuttle service to the port for $10pp. This particular area is more residential. If I were to stay again in FLL, I will stay at hotel on the beach. This hotel did offer buffet breakfast each morning with the cost of the room.

Kralendijk, Bonaire

Went to Coco Beach. An easy 1.25 mile walk from ship. Had a great day there.

Willemstad, Curacao

Just beautiful! Did a brief island tour with a beach break. Very informative and beautiful. Next time, will definitely book a resort for the day.

Oranjestad, Aruba

We did the dePalm Island excursion. Great outdoor/sea water park that came with lunch. My husband said it had the best snorkeling he ever experienced. Would definitely do this place again, but would definitely book it independently of the cruise ship just to have more time there. We were in Aruba 11 hours, so would getting back to the ship on time would not be a concern.

Disembarkation