Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

A good cruise

Sail Date: March 12, 2006

I've had nicer staterooms on other ships. Our room had a bit of a disinfectent smell, but I understand that they are being very careful because of illnesses. Our cabin steward was wonderful. The waitstaff in the dining room wasn't great, but the head waiter was terrific. Considering the size of the ship, most of the food was fine. The ship looked very nice - impressive artwork in the public areas.

Pros: the ports were good, some better than others, some were wonderful

Cons: the non-tipped staff was awful; the ship is really too big

The food was fine - sometimes it was terrific, but it really comes down to good "wedding" food - tons of meals served at once. The waitstaff at breakfast was often quite rude, but the staff at night tried their best.
It was okay. Smelled of disinfectent. The cabin steward tried very hard to make things nice. Horrible bed.
Some were wonderful, some were just awful. Overall they were okay. Few new the meaning of "above and beyond"
They didn't have any activities that anyone in our party were interested in participating in. The people that we spoke with seemed relatively happy with the excersions they took.
I felt the ship was really too big, but that is what the public seems to want. I'd prefer to travel with maybe 1,500 passengers not 3,000 plus. They kept the public areas very clean. They did bill the ship "non-smoking" but that didn't apply to most of the ship. If smoking really bothers you, find a different line.
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
We took an island tour and had a lovely time. Didn't do any shopping - will have to go back.
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
We had a marvelous time shopping - unbelievable buys, We met very nice local people. Can't wait to go back.
Don't Miss: Ray's Jewelry Store!!!!!!!!
Curacao
Very pretty, but much too smoggy. There were lots of other ships in port the day we were there and it just made it too crowded. Other than the pretty buildings, there wasn't much there.
Oranjestad, Aruba
I spent the day shopping - fabulous experience all by myself. My husband went golfing and had a great time. Our friends visited with friends on the island. A large group of us went out to dinner on the island - we all had a terrific time. Can't wait to go gack
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
Don't Miss: Ray's Jewelry Store!!!!!!!!
Oranjestad, Aruba