Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Was let down by Royal Carribean Cruise

Sail Date: March 08, 2009

After 3 years of waiting to be able to go on a cruise again with Royal Caribbean, I was so shocked and disappointed. The food quality has gone down. The same lunch items everyday at the buffet. The service for our room was poor. Our floor never got vaccumed and we had to strip the bed to get clean sheets. I was to have a container in my room to put my needles in after I took my shots but no where to be found. The band at the pool was terrible and as I listened to the song they sang the words were depressing about someone loosing a girlfriend and didn't want to live any longer. I got up and left the area. There was not really a midnight buffet in the grand dining room as I had experineced before. Just one night on deck and was not good at all. Lots of other cruisers complained about the lower standards. Even the evening entertainment was not that great. At the Captains Welcome Back we were not offered appetizers, just walk right by my husband and another couple and we even tried to reach out to get it off the tray. Was very disappointed about the whole cruise. The ports were the best and it was a good thing they were because it would have been a terrible vacation. My husband said he would not cruise again after that disappointment. The only good thing I can say was the ship was clean as always. The staff was nice.

Pros: The beaches on the islands

Cons: The service the cruiseline gave after crusing 4 times with them.

Recommends Adventure of the Seas? Yes!

Oranjestad, Aruba
I recommend spending time at Palm Beach area. The snorkeling was not great. Didn't care for Arbua otherwise. Other ports much better.
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
We liked this port to. The beach was nice and lots of shopping.
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
This is the 2nd time to St Thomas and we highly recommend this port. Snorking and swimming is awesome. Magen's Beach is a must see and place to hang out. A Beautiful Island.
Curacao
I would love to go back and spend a few days there. The Taxi service took us to this very nice beach that cost $3.00. I could have stayed there at the beach the whole day. It was clean and nice there. Not much else other than shopping. Lots of shopping there