A mixed bag

Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Helpful Vote: 1

7 Night Deep Southern Caribbean (San Juan Roundtrip)
Sail Date: January 20, 2008
Ship: Adventure of the Seas
Ship was spectacular - beautiful, clean, lots to do onboard

Eegads! The Windjammer Cafe (upstairs buffet) had food that was not just bad - some of it bordered on disgusting. Every time I ate there, I paid with indigestion (which I never get). The dining room's food ranged from okay to excellent (depended on the night and the dish). Loved our servers - very kind to my child. They cut her food for her!! Johnny Rockets was great. Did not try Portofino, but heard it was excellent.

Ice show, game shows, and magician were great. The magician was a hoot. The last night, I was literally crying I was laughing so hard.

After two Carnival cruises, I wasn't sure what to expect. WOW! Out of this world. My daughter was usually sad to see Mom coming! Very age-appropriate. I rate educational environments for a living (consultant), and this exceeded my expectations.

Most were excellent, but the folks at the excursion desk were of little help. "Is this a good excursion? What do people say?" Their answer: "It depends upon your preference." Hmmm... That puts me back at square one. Consequently, I had some good, and some humdrum excursions.

Huge, well-laid out, decor lovely, clean

Very nice stateroom (outside cabin).
Beautiful place, but was misguided by ship's crew to not go on any excursions. Apparently the snorkeling exceeded Aruba's.
Don't Miss: Can't say really, although the brightly colored buildings were lovely.
Gorgeous place. Make sure if you take a taxi that you are very clear about your destination. Got ripped off by a cabbie. Told him we were dying to see the beach at Magen's Bay. He took me to a hilltop to look down at it. Wouldn't bend, and charged me $40!
Don't Miss: If you like to shop, and have a lot of money, this is apparently the place.
Did snuba. The boat folks were great, but the visibility and variety of fish lacked.
Don't Miss: Some folks told me Orient Beach rocked (had nudity, if that's important to know)
Went to a little island to snorkel. They had a water park with tube slides. Off the charts, and the shopping was quite good.
Don't Miss: That water park and the snorkeling

Pros: The dining room staff was outstanding, as was the kids program

Cons: The emphasis on shopping at every port, limited excursions for young children, the Windjammer Grill

Recommends Adventure of the Seas? Yes!