YOU GOTTA DO WHATS BEST FOR YOU...

After much hemming and hawing, and dare i add, soul searching......we cancelled ours of 2/26 on VISTA. My heart wasn't in it believe me...but the "fun" wasn't worth the risk....to us anyway. Couldn't wait any longer to pull the trigger,,,now its about 6 hours later...and we BOTH feel a sense of relief....now thats NOT how yer sposed to feel about a cruise, now is it?

Not going to engage in any speculation about who's lying to who....beyond that...our next one is 4/17 on BREAKAWAY...mebbe this will "ease" a bit by then...meanwhile...HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16 Answers

Wow, that's a tough decision Yank, and no, that's DEFINITELY not how your suppose to feel about a cruise. I'm not there yet for our 3/6 sailing. My wife and I haven't even broached the subject of cancellation. However, we will probably have to have that conversation very soon if this snowball keeps rolling down the hill.

Hope you have a happy & safe new year.

A tough decision but in the end you do what is comfortable and best for you. Stay safe.

I appreciate your decision. Things change so quickly these days that we are still planning on sailing. Oddly enough our B2B is February 26th and March 6th, the same dates as you two.Big Smile We canceled all of previous cruises within a week (once hours) before Carnival did. This one we plan to let it play out. Your title is perfect for how I feel about the situation! Glad you are comfortable with your decision.

We're sailing on 4-7-22 and still planning on going. We won't cancel but if we get cancelled, we won't reschedule. Just so tired of all this Covid Carp.

Instead, we may just hop in the motorhome and go visit some of our friends like Aunt Pinkie, Old Grey Wolf or Yankee47. Surprise! Surprise!

We could have a Covid Un-Cruise party instead! Big Smile

We are cancelling too. It is not the covid I am afraid of it is all the other nonsense. .Those ships that are currently sailing are doing so with less and less crew. Saw a letter from NCL for Breakaway on current cruise that most of the shows are cancelled and many of the dining venues closed. Add to that the uncertainty of ports being open and accepting passengers and you could end up on a 10 day cruise to nowhere but on a ship with nothing to do. And if you do test positive does not matter whether you have suite or balcony you are designated to an outside window cabin on a lower deck.

And of course there are the worries about getting home once the cruise is over .....

Welcome to twenty twenty too.

This is our 3rd try on |Gem for this itinerary and each time was a late cancel due to unforeseen issues.

Well, we are scheduled on the Caribbean Princess for a b2b on 9 Jan. If we pass our Covid test AND Princess doesn’t cancel, we are still going. May be a real adventure for sure depending on ports and staffing, but we are willing to try at this point. Five cruises have been cancelled for us in the past two years, so I’m hopeful this will be a go. Per a request by @RetiredRay, I will post updates on the Shipmate app if we do sail.

I enjoyed those daily updates. But we rarely get the Wi-Fi package, so too hard for me to do. Hope you are able to do them!

My family and I are debating that as well. We're waiting until the end of the week to see if Royal will cancel our cruise. If they do, we get 125% back, which we will apply to our April cruise. If not, then we will cancel and get 100% of our money back, which again, we will apply to our next cruise.

For those who are "up in the air", here is an article that attempts to offer some advice related to the question of cancelling.

https://cruiseradio.net/should-i-cancel-my-cruise-how-to-decide/

As for us, my wife and I discussed our 3/6 cruise and decided the only way we will not go is if CCL cancels the sailing. We based our decision on what we read about the Omicron variant is spreading rapidly. So fast in fact that some "experts" think it could peak and start to burn out by the end of this month, or shortly thereafter. If that holds, then we will be sailing about 4-5 weeks after the peak, and we are thinking (that is, hoping) things will start to settle down by then. Sure, tighter restrictions may still be in place, but the odds of getting infected should be reduced. We've all been vaccinated and boosted and otherwise in good health, so we're not worried about a severe infection. However, if it did occur, I am concerned about being quarantined in our cabin. So I'm considering an upgrade to a suite for more space....... just in case.

Well as usual AB, the glitch monster is still alive....ate my first response...so I'll try again...we're about 103 days from our next one after the one we just cancelled...with another line...and its about 40 days or so after yours...and, like you, hoping that by then (which in truth isn't that far away), the thing might show signs of waning...who knows??

AND, OGW, where did you see that letter from NCL about BREAKAWAY re cancelled venues?? love to read it....

Reply

*Cruiseline.com is not a booking agent or travel agency, and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners (travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our users' convenience. Cruiseline.com does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site for the exact amount. Cruiseline.com is not responsible for content on external web sites.