USB ports

Would anyone know if you are allowed with a USB hub and are you allowed to use a fan with a USB hookup I will be sailing with RCCL in SeptemberYummy

9 Answers

USB hubs are strongly encouraged, if you have lots of devices to charge. Just be sure that the hub isn't surge protected. (Most aren't, but I've seen stranger things.)

I wouldn't think that a personal/desk fan would be of much concern.

Very funny! I guess we need an island named USB.

Anyone sailing to a USB port?Big Smile

USB hubs are pretty much a requirement if you have devices. There will only be a couple in the Cabin, if any.

Good site for advice.

Thank you for your help

Thank you for the info I use a fan strictly because I need airflow or I feel stifled

USB Hubs are ok. Unprotected power strips are not.

As for the fan, its running off of a USB port, so it shouldnt be an issue.

We used a USB hub during our July 2019 cruise on RCCL Radiance of the Seas. I don't have any experience with using a fan in the stateroom. If you use the fan to create white noise, there are some apps available that will create white noise and other sounds to aid sleep.

Enjoy your cruise.

*Cruiseline.com is not a booking agent or travel agency, and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners (travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our users' convenience. Cruiseline.com does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site for the exact amount. Cruiseline.com is not responsible for content on external web sites.