Travel insurance

Ok I did search the site prior to asking this question. I did not find what I was looking for, so here is my question.

While searching for insurance for an upcoming cruise I saw where you can buy travel insurance for a year covering all travel.

Has anyone went this route or do you still buy for individual trips. Does anyone know of any cons to just buying a policy every year?

11 Answers

Do you mean me? LOL. I reread it, what did I do wrong please?

We looked into this but found that you have a yearly limit. So, if you have say $100,000 coverage and use $50,000 on a claim for one trip, you now have $50,000 for the rest of the year. If that is actually true, it doesn't seem like a great idea, so we continue to get insurance by-the-trip.

Good information for when I have time...some day...

We purchase annual policies. We cruise 3-4X/year and take other side trips via air, with hotels and rental cars. The policy covers all those trips for considerably less than the sum of individual policies. Far better coverage than what's offered by the cruise lines we sail. We use Allianz.

We waited for 7 months for a settlement from AON (May 2022 to December 2022). It was so frustrating. When they finally settled it was for what we were entitled to but it was a long wait. We haven't used them since and have found our own insurance since the cruise lines we sail on all use AON. I will look into the annual type for us next year. We have all of our travel planned and insured for 2023. Thanks for the information.

Yes. I'm so glad someone is asking for the answer to this question .

Me. Yes a Avid Cruiser. I Cruise alone.

I Cruise 1x monthly from October to June.

Instead of paying $99 to $150 per person namely me from each line I Cruise. And I Cruise on: RCL, NCL, CARNIVAL, CELEBRITY, HOLLAND AMERICA, SILVER SEAS, CUNARD, PRINCESS etc.

ALLIANZ GLOBAL ASSISTANCE

1866-884-3556 TOLL FREE 24/7

I like to Speak to Humans.

$280.00 YRLY

$20K Emergency Medical

$100k Emergency Med Transport

$3k Trip Interruption

I am covered on any or as many Cruises from December 2022 through December 2023.

That's Me. One Person.

Going on one trip their Rates are Lower & More Coverage than the individual Ships.

Plus their Claims are Promptly Resolved.

I learned this year about Allianz Ins

I'm still waiting for the resolution of my Claim made with AON submitted in November 2022 when I was on the Celebrity Edge.

Good luck.

Peace and love

Would you provide the name of a company you're pleased with?

Yes. We purchase annual policies. They cover not only cruises, but anytime you're traveling. So you get you flight insurance, rental car, and of course your cruises. An annual policy costs the same of 2-3 individual cruise policies offered through the line. If you travel by air 2x a year , hotel, or rental car, with a cruise or two in the mix, an annual policy might be for you.

This is the same information I have read. We still do it one at a time, but I am seriously considering the yearly option. Because we mostly fly Southwest and can cancel so close to flight time without penalty, most of our flights don't need to be covered. However, we are starting to do some vacations that are not easily covered.

Hope we get someone who has done it before. Looking forward to a definitive answer.

Great question!

I have not done so myself as we do not travel much more than once a year but I hear that if you travel 3 times or more then it pays to buy a yearly policy. One of those need to do the math things.

*Cruiseline.com is not a booking agent or travel agency, and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners (travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our users' convenience. Cruiseline.com does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site for the exact amount. Cruiseline.com is not responsible for content on external web sites.