Taking kids on a cruise good or bad

Do you think there should be more adult cruises with no kids yes or no

6 Answers

Kids on a cruise are ok so long as they are properly supervised and the ship is not over run with them. Certain venues and times tend to have a lot more kids on the ship than others. One of the reasons for always wanting a balcony is that we do not have to worry about kids when we want to kick back and watch the water go by.

We tend to cruise during the school year when there are fewer children on board. I have to say the worst was when we sailed during Spring Break and the college kids were treating the ship like their own personal "frat house". It prompted the "never again" words from my DH.

BTW: they were legally adults.

I agree with BDRebel. When we cruise on Carnival, Norwegian we see kids. Not bad if parents are tending to them. Princess we see children occasionally. Holland it’s did you see that kid? Should we call someone he has to lost got on the wrong shipWink.

You taking your own kids on a cruise is a good thing.

Someone else taking their kids on a cruise is not a good thing.

You taking someone else's kids on a cruise is kidnapping.

I've never really been bothered by kids on a cruise - the lines seem to have good programs in place to keep them out of trouble. Some of the adults, on the other hand, have been more obnoxious than I care to remember.

I don't think that an "Adults Only" cruise ship would remain profitable over the long term. The best you can hope for is a longer cruise during the school year (non-vacation time) or a luxury line in order to minimize the number of kids.

If you want a more Adult cruise, try Celebrity or HAL and longer cruises. If you want kids, the mega ships that are floating amusement parks.

Since I do not have kids I prefer not to have them around on vacation.

Kids don't bother us and we have taken our grands on several cruises.

That being said, I understand why folks who aren't used to having little ones underfoot are not thrilled to share a ship with them. I understand that upscale cruiselines aren't the answer--we can't afford them and we wouldn't be comfortable since we are laid back and don't want to have to worry about whether we fit in.

I think it would be nice to have some kid-free sailings for those who would prefer them.

*Cruiseline.com is not a booking agent or travel agency, and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners (travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our users' convenience. Cruiseline.com does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site for the exact amount. Cruiseline.com is not responsible for content on external web sites.