Show tickets

I've heard that you can reserve tickets to shows on the ship prior to your sailing. Is that true, and if so, how do you find out about the shows/schedule and other entertainment on the ship?

6 Answers

Carnival hasn't had ship activities that cost extra; except "Chef's table" and other specialty dining. The newer ships have added the 4D theater and IMAX and I'm not aware of being able to pre-book those. I know you cannot pre-book the ship's tour (which I highly recommend to do at least once).

With respect, don't "assume" that..I don't believe that to be true...been a loong time since we sailed on a PRINCESS cruise, but surfing around leads me to believe all their ships allow online prebooking, regardless of size when you log into your account...however be aware, if you do that you have to PAY for it then...which is a PITA if you thought you could offset those costs with on board credits. THAT you cant do. When we cruise with NCL, we always buy "cruisenext" certificates, which generate a big onboard credit. Additionally, we get a lot of free specialty meals because of our status. However, when we plan to get additional specialty meals to finish off the week, we HAVE to do that onboard, with whatever reservation times are available. THOSE at least, are offset by onboard credits. Which is another reason we head to Guest Services as soon as we get onboard, instead of the buffet. Takes all of 10 min to "set-up the cruise"...ENJOY!!!!

Thank you! We are on Golden Princess so I assume they don't have online booking.

Absolutely true. It will depend on the cruise line but with RCCL and NCL you go online to your personal page with them and there should be links for planning and booking things. We have booked all our shows and activities that need booking already for our cruise 3 months from now. When on NCL we always did it as soon as possible as well as the times fill up quicjly. In the case of both lines in the booking area you find the show you want and click on it. You will then get a list of available times for the show. Pick what works for you.

Does Carnival Elation allow you to book on ship activities online?

If you are sailing one of the "mega ships", such as NCL Escape, some shows will be available to book on your cruise planner online. It's like booking an excursion--you choose the date and time for the shows you want to see.

The smaller ships don't have online booking for entertainment.

*Cruiseline.com is not a booking agent or travel agency, and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners (travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our users' convenience. Cruiseline.com does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site for the exact amount. Cruiseline.com is not responsible for content on external web sites.