Pullmantur Cruise line moving all 3 of it's ships into Cold Storage

They also canceled all booking until mid November and moving all crew contracts to Celebrity Cruise Line. This may be the first line to go close. I always wondered how they kept in business with cruises so cheap, I saw some 7 nights cruises single occupancy at $ 300.00. I would have booked on them but the main language on the line was Spanish. Being a L.A. native I only know the not so nice words in Spanish.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYIPimq10ZQ

10 Answers

Sad to see any cruise line close. If the industry isn’t able to start up this year, it won’t be the only one.Sad

Could be the beginning of the end for small cruiseline. Doesn't RCL own Pullmantur?

According to Wikipedia, RCCL holds a 49% stake in Pullmantur after selling the other 51% stake to Springwater Capital (a Spain-based investment firm). In April 2019 Pullmantur had 4 ships for sail (Horizon, Zenith, Moratch, & Sovereign). Earlier this year the Zenith was moved to Peace Boat. In 2021 Grandeur of the Seas was to be moved from RCI to Pullmantur, but who knows if that will happen now.

RCI owns part of then, that's why crew contracts are going over to Celebrity

Pullmantur was already downsizing and had cancelled cruises on a few ships before covid. I think that the current scenario only hastened the changes. They were already in the works.

Yes and crew contracts were transferred to Celebrity.

Looks like they're (Pullmantur) may be going under.

RCL owns Celebrity. May have been easier to absorb.

It appears that RCI Is cancelling the leases on all 3 ships, and returning them to the RCI Fleets. Also allowing all bookings to be transferred to RCI Brand cruises.

Reply

*Cruiseline.com is not a booking agent or travel agency, and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners (travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our users' convenience. Cruiseline.com does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site for the exact amount. Cruiseline.com is not responsible for content on external web sites.