POST CRUISE BLUES

Just back from our 2nd on BREAKAWAY...Great cruise.. i'll do a review once I get it organized. one thing tho..gotta do this more than 2x/yr. Mebbe if I stop eating....

14 Answers

I like reading a variety of reviews. It is the different perspectives that give me a bigger and better picture of the ship and it's many offerings.

Nice ship and very friendly staff. Not all that impressed with the food choices for dinner.

We came home to 30" of new snow.

Image may contain: snow, plant, tree, dog, outdoor and nature

Welcome back JB...don't have the time at the moment, but obviously Im gonna read yours..overall it was a fine cruise...considering how many more we've got on her and her sister, it had better stay that way....back later...

Just posted my review I was hoping to just do a copy/paste from the Word doc I did during the cruise. No such luck.

I believe that it is because ships change, ships get refurnished and staff changes which can all affect the experience. Also peoples perspectives may vary.

I can understand that. I sometimes wonder if writing a review is even necessary for an older ship. There are already lots of reviews out and mine won't make a difference. Also things are very subjective. A cruise that I find incredibly fun might be total bore to another person.

Well, my first review was likely to be my last. I wont go thru that again...and of course, Im glad it wasn't just me that its happened to in a perverse kind of way. Not being able to go back and correct something is reserved for a very particular kind of entry form on specific, official websites. Fortunately even they are few and far between. Doing a review is actually a public service, as you mentioned. when it becomes a PITA, count me out. Anyone wants to ask specific questions about a portion of the cruise, I'll be happy to answer them.

In order to partially get around the jokers who post fictitious experiences, both sites list with each review the number of reviews the poster has provided in the past.

There are quite a few who post only one review, not that they are making things up, but who post only due to single issue, usually unpleasant, they experienced and want all to know how unhappy they are.

What I like are the reviewers who take time to give you a decent run down on the ship and the itinerary, that way I have something to consider when perhaps I might book the same ship or cruise.

BTW, I believe the same thing happened to me some cruises back that you just went through, I got most of the way through the process of completing an exhausting review when I decided to try and back up to add or detract. The next thing I knew I was looking at the welcome window again.-----Lucky my PC survived my rage. LOL

Well...I didn't realize that "verified/unverified" thing. I suppose it keeps people from making up the whole thing. I suspect Ive read a few of those. For all I know YOU could be an ax murderer, of course we've all seen pics of someone you "claim" is you heheheheh...nevertheless...it certainly is frustrating. Ive read other folks reviews and I've wondered if they were on the same cruise. Some of the "complaints" Ive actually read (and heard on board) were over the top ridiculous. Which is yet another reason we are quite willing to pay extra to spend the bulk of our days away from the majority of the passengers. The attitude of the folks we are with is vastly different. This is the second one we've been on that had this "space" available to the fleet of foot. Both the F&B Director and the Hotel Side pooh-bah made the rounds TWICE to insure the assembled multitude was happy. Complaints "up there" seem to be addressed...and quickly. Clearly NCL is careful about staffing that bar as well..I've seen it and it satisfies everyone, because its discussed the next day under the ubiquitous "guess what" dept.

Fortunately, we have 2 more on GETAWAY, then 2 more after that on BREAKAWAY again. That new terminal in Galveston (fall of 2021) to accommodate OASIS class ships is the wild card. Its the same distance there as NO, whose terminal is a slum compared to some. We have discussed it. Hopefully we'll live long enough to do it.

Man Yankee, that's too bad having lost all that work and effort. Reminds me of the day back in the office when everybody had word processors, the lights would blink or something, after that there would be howls of anger and anguish.

Due to that, I always compose reviews in some other forum and then cut and paste, that way I have a saved copy. There are only two forums that I can find that have meaningful cruise reviews, this one and C.C.

They aren't similar. C.C. allows for an open and lengthy description of the voyage along with some direct questions, this one breaks your review into categories. Both are good but both have desirable and undesirable features. It takes a good week before C.C. publishes due some sort of tribunal overview of each review or something. This one posts immediately however there are the "verified" and "unverified" reviews. Verified means one of the authorized TAs was used. No TA? You fall into the unverified category.

*Cruiseline.com is not a booking agent or travel agency, and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners (travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our users' convenience. Cruiseline.com does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site for the exact amount. Cruiseline.com is not responsible for content on external web sites.