PATIENCE MY...EYE

So after NCL cancelled one, and the chances of going in NOV with them are less than 50/50 (we aren't really comfortable with it anyway) and the next one with CCL in FEB is "debatable", when we read they cancelled ours next NOV, because of the fleet shuffle, we decided to sit around for awhile (see their terms re timing) before we did anything. The whole subject is getting disgusting. I don't need/want to be a "cruise cancellation/rebooking/FCC expert...but it seems thats exactly what I've become.

So after a few hours we had this EUREKA moment...it isn't like we're never going to cruise again (we still had a bunch booked into 2022) an the thought occurs..bet there's a whole bunch of frustrated cruisers out there, and the number is growing... soooo

We clicked on the link on the CCL announcement. Selected the one for the transfer +$600 OBC, got a confirmation message that said, in effect, go back to sleep until we bless this. My fingers arent that fast, but apparently they were faster than CCL's puters. So we fooled around with looking for a new cruise to substitute. Found one back on good ol VISTA out of Galveston, within one day of the one that was cancelled for next NOV. Went and booked it, snagged a stern corner wraparound HAVANA balcony, only problem was even though it offered a bit of discount for booking "NOW" (of course), our deal per the CCL email wasn't there. Here we go, I gotta call em and so on and so forth.

Didn't wait on the phone more than 5 min if that, and got a rep who was a 20 year employee, and has ALWAYS worked from home..who knew?? Woman knew her stuff! you can tell....told her our sob story, apologized for having to put us on on hold but she was calling the "RESOLUTION DEPT"..I used them before years ago to resolve a major ship change snafu with NCL, but I didn't know CCL had one or even called it the same thing.

Anyway, about 15 min later, all fixed, every dime including ins etc what we had paid towards the cancelled one got switched to the new one, PLUS the $600 OBC. And FWIW, we still havn't gotten anything on our account or our email re the "form" we filled out yesterday.

Overall it was a really nice experience, even though I wish we didn't have to do it to begin with. She even thanked us for the pleasant conversation...I wouldn't want that job nohow noway, especially with this disgusting plague. Now if all YOU peeps would please wear masks, or stay home, then we could all resume cruising without all these interruptions! (j/k...more or less) heheheheh

11 Answers

The whole ordeal can be quite frustrating especially given the times we are now living in. You show more patience with the system than I would.

I am trying to avoid comments about the activities of others. My frustration with that is how ports of call perceive the USA. However, in order to survive, they will open up to our visit. We (the USA cruising community) will have to show them how nice we can be.

Well I gave YOU a "thumbs up" because, well, I liked it and really don't care what other folks elsewhere think. But most of us ARE paying the price for the stupidity and self-centered arrogance of those who won't accept a level of inconvenience to end this thing. And that flows from the top down....Lots of folks in here (who probably lurk and don't post) have, or had cruise plans. Wonder what most of them think about the thing clearly getting worse and not better... we have a bunch booked clear into 2022...some are rebookings from cancelled cruises...I'm not willing to bet on ANY of them. The cruise lines can't borrow enough $$ to keep them afloat for another year. You're right, it is sad...work all those years to save the $$ to do this in my dotage, and can't do it??? NERTZ!!! Any sales around for electric rocking chairs??? gold-plated even...I guess I can afford it considering what I'm saving by NOT cruising...heheheh

Yankee47, I can't give a thumbs up to your post, it's too sad. In the long run, we will be cruising again. We may not be the favorite tourists of many places, but they do like our money. As we know, not all of us are "bad" but we are being judged by the actions from the worst of us. We can only hope that more meet the best (or at least the better) of us. Okay, I am jumping off my soapbox now.

Well, plugged in the "new replacement" myself...alls well that ends well...except we all know this isn't the end...every day you can almost EXPECT another announcement...from some one.....had another ugly thought...the rest of the world is starting to get a grip on this thing, but not here...here, we're going backwards and doing what we're best at...fingerpointing. So the rest of the world can start cruising "eventually", but Americans are NOT welcome....don't thank me for that cheery thought....

Thats good to know...the absolute worst was about 5 years ago somehow someway there was an actual ship change, and believe me when I tell you we had no clue. I can't explain how such a thing could happen, but it did, and I guess it was basically a puter snafu. We will NEVER forget that weekend...forevermore its known to us as the NCL weekend from hell.....we laff now, it wasn't funny then...we try to log into our assortment of cruise accts at least once a week, just on general principles...especially now...sometimes there are "announcements" magically appearing...

With all of the cancels and changes being made and considering they have reduced staff ... it takes time. We found that the NCL stuff took several weeks to appear in our account with the last cancel.

Welllllllll...we got the mail confirmation, obviously with the booking# and the $$ are spot on....sooo....not too worried about it...I can wait till tomorrow.....for this anyway.....

I'd add it manually, because I can't stand the suspense. If you can be that patient, good for you!Wink

Yeh, early this am...not there yet, the other two are, and the one that was cancelled is gone...saw where it could be added manually, but given what went on, decided to wait another 24 to see if they load it themselves...frankly, I'd rather see "their" system do it. What d'you think?

*Cruiseline.com is not a booking agent or travel agency, and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners (travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our users' convenience. Cruiseline.com does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site for the exact amount. Cruiseline.com is not responsible for content on external web sites.