NCL SUSPENDS CRUISES THRU 11/30/2020

And STAR, DAWN and SPIRIT till 11/30/2021, full refund+ etc etc...got the memo this AM...

7 Answers

Wild guess but, Lines may only start with start with 1 or 2 ships/port. And only a few ports will be open. Guessing MIA and maybe FLL will be first to operate in US.

The Manhattan is also old and very crowded, especially when the mega ships are in town. It can seem crowded for the smaller NCL ships but is standing room only when the big boys are in town.

We've cruised out if several ports in the US, but the one we're most familiar with is NOLA. I raise that because by far its got to be one of the oldest, most crowded, least "covid-19" compliant around. and I can't see how they could make it so. So lets not forget those port facilities (or lack thereof) have something to do with it.

Fine tuning their fleet. NCL may go the same pathway as CCL with the idea of operating 4 to 5 ships out of 2 ports. Baby steps.

Not a surprising development all things considered. It is noteworthy that the 3 they have shuttered till the end of March next year are also 3 of their their oldest ships and probably the hardest to fit with new filters and meet the newer cleaning regimens.

THANKS!! but Its OK...getting used to it...and it seems I'm in good company. Going to need a CPA to keep track of the pluses and minuses. AND I misread their memo....those three ships are suspended thru 3/30/2021...sorry bout that....

Sorry you had this happen, again!Sad

*Cruiseline.com is not a booking agent or travel agency, and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners (travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our users' convenience. Cruiseline.com does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site for the exact amount. Cruiseline.com is not responsible for content on external web sites.