Review by kshimell

20th Anniversary- rm2598

In response to review, MrChocoholic says ...

It's true, this is not what you would call an "elegant" ship. She's a remarkable ship in many ways, but Liberty of the Seas is not "elegant." If you're willing to sacrifice water slides and a street running down the middle of your ship in exchange for a higher level of interior design "elegance" at a reasonable price check out Princess, Celebrity, Holland-America and MSC's "Divina." Stay away from Norwegian, Royal and Carnival if you want elegant. 

Tags: Royal Caribbean Liberty of the Seas Canada New England New York

3 Answers

Let me congratulate you on your 20th Wedding Anniversary. The ship should have sent you a card and served you a cake. Someone fell down on the job. MSC is the most elegant cruise line that I have been on. Also HAL and Celebrity are good choices, too.

Thanks for the review, congrats on the 20th anniversary.

It is sad to say but the new ships for the common lines are turning into floating resorts and loosing the elegance of the old ships. If your looking for elegance I would suggest sticking to some of the mid size older ships. You will give up on some of the amenities like water parks, lots of restaurants and dive in movies but you will have the elegance you wanted. The advantage is the older ships are typically less expensive to cruise on and do not have a lot of kids on board.

Cruising is changing and you have to pick your ship the way you pick a hotel. Do you want a 6 Motel, Comfort Inn or a Hilton ? Lots of options so that everybody can find a good match.

Congratulations on 20 years, Happy Anniversary Happy

*Cruiseline.com is not a booking agent or travel agency, and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners (travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our users' convenience. Cruiseline.com does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site for the exact amount. Cruiseline.com is not responsible for content on external web sites.