First time cruiser

Hello I leave for my first cruise on June 1 2019 out of New York on the Norwegian Dawn, going to Canada and New England.

Has anyone done this cruise? How was it?

Any tips for first time cruisers welcome as well! Thanks

13 Answers

I have not gone on that cruise but we went on one out of NY last May to Flor and the Bahamas. One thing we did that I might suggest is that if you are not from the area and will have to park is to get a hotel near the Newark airport. The one we got was the Springhill Suites and it was about $200 and that included parking. We went with another couple so the Uber rides to the port and back to the hotel were about $70 per couple. Even if you had to pay for all of that it would still only be about $60 more than parking at the pier and you don't have to drive in the traffic.

The best tip I can give you is to use boards like this to prepare. Another thing that has helped us maximize our enjoyment is to arrange for private tours that we share the experience and expense with new friends that we meet on these boards or onboard.

It is a very nice cruise. I remember Halifax and the Bay if bundy. Unfortunately it was a while ago and my memory is fuzzy.

Thanks!

Unfortunately not while I’m there in June I don’t believe

Halifax, Bay of Fundy, Bar Harbor, Portland and Newport. Going in June though so will miss the fall colors unfortunately.

What are your ports?

Good chance for color from late Sept. to mid Oct., cruisellama. :)

Are the maple trees still suppose to be in color?

it’s a great trip. We’ll be doing a long B2B on the Dawn in Sept into Oct

Thank you!

*Cruiseline.com is not a booking agent or travel agency, and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners (travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our users' convenience. Cruiseline.com does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site for the exact amount. Cruiseline.com is not responsible for content on external web sites.