First family cruise

Hi

We are a family of five who are looking to go on our first ever cruise next year. Looking at May, June or July. Really want to find the right cruise as it will be our first big holiday in years.

Can anyone advise what cruise or ship would be suited to keeps our kids aged 9, 12 and 13 occupied and happy. What ships have best facilities like water slides, pools cinema's and things like that. We would preferably like to sail from UK but flying to port isn't out of the question either. Would like to do 10 or 12 days maybe. Any advice would be great please.

Thanks

10 Answers

Yes we are in the UK. Thanks everyone

Thanks for that

First,, looks to me like they were looking for a ship out of the UK..dnk why any sane person would fly to Galveston to catch a cruise . More importantly, we're on the LAST VISTA cruise out of there this weekend...ship is leaving to head up north. So it won't be there when they're looking to cruise. BTW, my original comment stands...3 kids of the ages they mention for almost 2 weeks not counting travel time? well....suicide is an option.....

Carnival vista out of Galveston. Got sky ride and I Max theatre plus all other activities for kids the other carnival ships has

Thanks

I would lean more towards RCL if you are looking for the amusement park at sea. Their large ships offer a lot of entertainment options. Carnival is also a good consideration. I would tend to agree that Disney might not be the best fit.

I agree with this completely. RCL and Carnival tend to have more child friendly activities and are less expensive than Disney. They also have plenty of activities for adults. Best of luck and welcome to the wonderful world of cruising.

Three kids??10-or 12 days??? Really????

Thanks for that. It's very helpful

IMO, Disney is the best for family's with kids, AND they sail itineraries out of Southampton. But be prepared to dig deep into your wallet. The 9 year old would like it, maybe the 12 year old, but your 13 year old may have "aged out" of the Disney experience.

Otherwise Carnival has lots of kids activities onboard their ships, and they are more budget friendly. They sail out of London (Dover) during the summer months.

RCL isn't bad either. I'd stay away from Celebrity, Princess, and Holland America. They are more adult orientated.

*Cruiseline.com is not a booking agent or travel agency, and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners (travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our users' convenience. Cruiseline.com does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site for the exact amount. Cruiseline.com is not responsible for content on external web sites.