Excursion

Are there few or many different Excursion companies at the different  ports, other than ship sponsored?t

8 Answers

They're thousands of em everywhere...like fleas...or recurring boils.

So poetic but that is what I would imagine.  When I lived in Ketchikan and the cruise ships would pull in, we would be at the docks like Crows to corn.

Yea, there are lots. That is one of my peeves over roll calls. Roll Calls used to be of some value as info regarding aspects of a forthcoming cruise could often be ascertained. I guess they still are if one is into arranging shore excursions with others or finding the best deal on such. However, page after page is usually taken up by these back and forth messages rendering it very difficult to glean other tid-bids of pertinent info. Even though I still list on roll calls I rarely click on the link when a new message is up due it usually involves another nauseating discussion regarding cheaper deals on a particular shore excursion in an attempt to circumvent the cruise line's offered excursion.

How long did you live in Ketchikan. If as long as I did in Cordova, I was born and raised there, then you have "gills" too, LOL.

Not that long, half yr.

Signed up for two roll calls...(since I was going on the same ship again later anyway)...agreed, it wasn't what I anticipated. The structure (or lack thereof) makes any kind of logical conversation impossible..seems like posts are limited to a quick one liner..."me too" is popular.. I guess I'll keep doing it..you never know, might bump into a kindred spirit...or not...no great loss...

Depends entirely on the port. Some ports there are excursions and taxis begging for your participation as soon as you step off the ship ... others .. there are hundreds offering excursions on line ... and of course there are those where both apply

He sounds like he knew that, since he claimed to be one of em.."like crows to corn.."  Ive been to Ketchikan...other than locals fishing when theres no ice, the only other bizness in town is junque stores and "tours" for cruise ships passengers looking for an "authentic" Alaskan experience...

There often on independent vendors selling taxi tours or van tours.  You go online and research some organized ones, too.  Be careful what you book, though.

*Cruiseline.com is not a booking agent or travel agency, and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners (travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our users' convenience. Cruiseline.com does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site for the exact amount. Cruiseline.com is not responsible for content on external web sites.