Excursion

Are there few or many different Excursion companies at the different ports, other than ship sponsored?t

16 Answers

There are some great ones. Not sure where you are going but if you go to St Maarten Cruise Excursions-Isand Marketing and they ahve links to all the ports they have. We have used them in the Western, Eastern and Mex Riviera and very good tours and service

I used to be a "book excursions only through the cruise line" advocate, as well. But, I've learned that certain excursions are perfectly safe - and far cheaper - to book on your own; and other excursions simply aren't available through the cruise line. Start simple, with a third-party beach break excursion - or even just hail a taxi and get a ride to a beach (with pre-arranged return time). Or find an excursion that you can book directly with the vendor, such as trolley trains or hop-on-hop-off buses - they are exactly the same a you find through the cruise line, only without the cruise line markup.

For more elaborate (and longer-duration) excursions, though, it is often worth the money to book through the cruise line.

There are several, but we always book through the cruise line to be sure that we get back to the ship on time.

Loads of vendors once you get off the ship. You will be swarmed so choose wisely.

Yes, but I would just book through the cruise line. That way, you won't have any issues getting back to the ship on time.

Normally i'd ignore certain "older threads", but that pic!!!! now just how did you know that was a "for hire" excursion/fishing boat? theres washed up/beached small craft all over...many many in the Carib...one in particular we see every time we go...for the life of me can't remember the beach its way up on.....storm I assume...been there for years...kinda like an old friend...

Pacific Princess at low tide.jpg?auto=format,compress

Pick your excursion provider carefully!

Oh yes , just like flies and can be just as annoying.

There often on independent vendors selling taxi tours or van tours. You go online and research some organized ones, too. Be careful what you book, though.

He sounds like he knew that, since he claimed to be one of em.."like crows to corn.." Ive been to Ketchikan...other than locals fishing when theres no ice, the only other bizness in town is junque stores and "tours" for cruise ships passengers looking for an "authentic" Alaskan experience...

*Cruiseline.com is not a booking agent or travel agency, and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners (travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our users' convenience. Cruiseline.com does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site for the exact amount. Cruiseline.com is not responsible for content on external web sites.