Elegant night

We are going on a Carnival cruise and I had a question about elegant night. Are there only certain places you have to dress up for on the cruise or do you have to dress up to even leave your cabin? Just confused about this.

19 Answers

Other than swimwear and/or basketball shorts and basketball tank top. anything goes .

based on our experience there is no specific area in the ship where there is a dress code was strictly implemented because of the elegant night event.

Elegant night for me is a pair of khaki pants with a dress shirt or polo shirt. Some people wear tuxedos. To each his own. I go to eat and socialize and not criticize what others wear.

Going on a Cruise sometimes is the only time I get to Play Dress Up. I'm with you !, I to like to stay that way until bed time. Otherwise these clothes just hang in the closet getting older each year with me.

I usually dress the same way for dinner every night on a cruise -- jacket and tie.

It is something I don't get to do at home and makes me feel good.

As far as Carnival, the minimum dress code would be cover your legs and feet, and a shirt with at least a couple of buttons for the dining room (for men. For ladies, a similar outfit). Outside of the dining room, anything goes.

We just packed for our cruise this weekend. For the first elegant night I’ll wear a pretty summer dress that I can wear to an anniversary party in the summer, and a long more casual jersey sundress on the 2nd elegant night. Mike has a sports jacket, short sleeve dress shirt and tie with dress pants for the first and a “Hawaiian”shirt and different long pants for the 2nd. He wasn’t going to pack the sports jacket, but we will be meeting up with 4 other couples and we know they enjoy the dressy evening.

We stay dressed up until bedtime because its like "it feels like the first time" Love

Someday..(sigh)...

If you want more formal, cruise in Europe, they still dress for dinner Big Smile

Yea, sorry, perhaps I'm not being fair. We just got off a cruise where almost everybody did their best to dress appropriately. There were 4 formals nights out of 22 days. But, the average age was ancient, when I'm among the youngest and I'm pushing 80 now, that is old.

*Cruiseline.com is not a booking agent or travel agency, and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners (travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our users' convenience. Cruiseline.com does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site for the exact amount. Cruiseline.com is not responsible for content on external web sites.