Carnival Jubilee heading to Galveston, TX in 2023

Just saw a few postings in some Facebook groups that the new Jubilee will be out of Galveston in 2023. I've looked online but haven't seen anything "official". I guess they will replace the Vista with her..sounds like a lot of really large ships will be calling Galveston home soon!

Tags: Carnival Cruise Lines

8 Answers

Dont have to go to Florida to ride mardi gras, patience pays off, will wait for jubilee to come to galveston, drive my 35 miles and hop on. no high hotel and flying bills for us

Gonna be a busy place......glad we've been there a few times over the years....kind of know left from right...errr...port from starboard hehehehe.

Also looks like NCL will port their new Prima there starting Dec 2023 and into the spring of 2024.

Thanks for sharing. Not sure I am a fan of this class of ship. Bigger isn’t always better. Glad Carnival is confident enough to keep growing.

Sooooo...getting carried away as usual, I started looking for more info...found DECK PLANS!!!!!! welllllll.....nooooo....did you know folks COLLECT ships deck plans???and apparently ships that no longer exist command a premium!!!!

Thats how we felt until we tried it....not all big uns are created equal...we started to appreciate the bigger ones more and more. I should thank YOU...we had no idea this beast was in the works......welp...here we are thinking about 2023...Lord willing and the river don't rise....

Thanks, Yankee! I just saw that article myself and was coming back to update.. Not sure if I'd enjoy a super duper-sized ship, but I think I might need to start putting some pennies away to save up for a trip!

https://markets.businessinsider.com/news/stocks/carnival-cruise-line-solidifies-its-leadership-in-texas-cruise-market-by-announcing-brand-new-excel-class-ship-coming-to-galveston-in-2023-1030966363

Glad you found it. Made me go look. First JUBILEE was scrapped. They're reusing names,,,heheh We cruise out of Galveston and NOLA alot, and new ships mean new adventures, even tho its probably the same ol ports. VISTA isnt exactly small either at about 4k passengers.. All I know is they better get a serious move on that Port of Galveston construction project. Motel rooms that used to cost less than $100 on the island or nearby will triple....

*Cruiseline.com is not a booking agent or travel agency, and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners (travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our users' convenience. Cruiseline.com does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site for the exact amount. Cruiseline.com is not responsible for content on external web sites.