BUCKING THE TREND

That bigger seems to be better (not necessarily), I was curious to get the specs on NCL's latest ship order with FINCANTIERI...They're called LEONARDO CLASS, and they've ordered four with an option to build two more, to be delivered annually starting in 2022. Whats interesting is that although Im sure they'll all have all kinds of innovations etc, they're ALL rated at "only" 140,000 gross tons,which is substantially smaller than the behemoths well over 200,000 tons other lines have in service or are ordering. Interesting eh?

Tags: Norwegian Cruise Line

5 Answers

The web is full of good info given the time, inclination and love of cruising

Nah, I'll defer to a few others in here about that. i just like to surf around... especially in subject matter I'm "involved" in....

The mega's require port improvements unless you tender. Also a few countries around the med are curtailing larger ships from their shores because of environmental impact. So some lines might see mid as a sweet spot for other reasons

You people know a lot about ships.

Interesting .. that is the sizing of the Breakaway and the Getaway ... think maybe they found a sweet spot they like ...

*Cruiseline.com is not a booking agent or travel agency, and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners (travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our users' convenience. Cruiseline.com does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site for the exact amount. Cruiseline.com is not responsible for content on external web sites.