Beach Towels

Is it true that Carnival will supply you with a beach towel in your cabin, BUT if you "loose" or someone takes your towel then they will charge you for the towel? Charge you like $50 for the missing towel. We are trying to decide whether to pack a towel or just use the ones provided by Carnival.

Tags: Carnival Cruise Lines

8 Answers

Use and return

I always use the towels provided by the ship and I've never had any issues.

Also, a lot of beach clubs will have towels to rent while you are there, so there is no need to worry about taking one off the ship. I wouldn't worry too much about it, if you do take them off the ship take a back pack or a beach bag that you won't lose track of.

It is your room steward that keeps track of the towels on Carnival. If there are the same number in your cabin at the end of the day as there were at the start of the day, no problem. We don't bring our own. There are also towels available by the pool area that are different than the ones in your cabin.

On RCI, they threaten you with that, but then if you leave your towels on your bathroom floor, the stateroom attendant will dump them in the laundry. In 5 cruises, its happened at least 10 times. Ive only been charged 1x, and when I disputed it, they were more than happy to remove the charge.

Although, I did have someone abscond with my towel on Allure while I was in the hottub latenight...

Lemme tell you the usual vignette about "towels"...on NCL, theres extras in your cabin to take wherever..take em to the public pool for example, and sometimes, but not always, theres a towel station where some kid writes down your cabin number if you need more, hundreds of soggy pages...but no one has ever checked em back in...up on the private pool deck, which is where we go, they don't care either...theres a giant stack of fresh towels and a container to dump the used ones...getting OFF the ship for a wet excursion, you take the ones from your cabin, schlep em around, and dump em into giant tub next to the gangway upon your return. nobody checks anything...its absurd to even try. You can't tell me folks don't leave em all over every beach they visit. Nobody says to you "wheres the towel?"

What I strongly suspect is that rule is "out there" to try to prevent people from STEALING the things when they leave. I suppose you could bring your own, (I know, its CARNY) but I wouldn't bother. We did CARNY a few times awhile back, and didn't notice much of a difference from NCL re towels at all..the NCL towels are prettier methinks hehehe

We use the ship's towels. I wouldn't be too worried about loosing or people stealing them. They are hard to loose in my experience and I haven't heard of people stealing them.

We always use the towels provided. They are are a good length and quality plus you can have them replaced daily. You are permitted to take them off the ship but if you lose them you must pay for its replacement. You can also purchase these towels while on board as well.

*Cruiseline.com is not a booking agent or travel agency, and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners (travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our users' convenience. Cruiseline.com does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site for the exact amount. Cruiseline.com is not responsible for content on external web sites.