Zuiderdam Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Meeting expectations

Sail Date: December 01, 2014

Room Type: Suite

I've been on 42 cruises overall. This is only my 4th on Holland America\, it started poorly with the first person we met on check in. She informed us that cabin # 8044\, which we were assigned\, had been changed to # 6068. I told her no\, I want the cabin I paid for\, I like the location\, my luggage was headed there. She said no\, I've been moved\, \"up graded\". I asked for the supervisor\, who told me we were upgraded to the largest suite with access to the Neptune Lounge at no charge. Of course this wasn't true. It was the same size cabin without access to the lounge. The woman in the lounge asked if I had gotten the agent to put it in writing. Why would I. I expect if someone tells me something\, it's because it's true. But that takes integrity\, it's in short supply at Holland America. I asked for a supervisor\, who she called. Said she was busy with another passenger problem. How did she get her on the phone then. I asked for an appointment\, she called her back\, and she answered. No to an appointment. No I got upset\, I insisted\, she called back again. talked to her and made an appointment. Who answers the phone when dealing with passenger problems. Nothing ever done or resolved. My cabin steward had to go track down my luggage.

Pros: The speciality dining

Cons: The main dining

Recommends Zuiderdam? No.

The ship was pretty good\, a little worn and dirty though.
The dining room was again a problem. I asked for late seating but was waitlisted. What I wasn't told is I was on anytime dining\, witch is no time dining because for anytime dining everyone goes at the same time so no one get to eat when they want\, they get to wait 20 to 45 minutes in a line and miss the shows. It was a problem for the entire cruise except during speciality dining.
All good\, the staff was great and did a wonderful job\, it just wasn't he cabin I paid for.
The people were generally friendly but again no integrity.
Good to miss much of the entertainment except the BB King Band. The shows are the worst on the ocean. Maybe that's why the dining is messed up. Hoping if you miss it you won't be disappointed. They were crap\, the actual shows were junk. The acts brought in were crap.