Zuiderdam Cruise Review to Panama Canal, Central America

Purser

Do Not Sail on Holland America to Panama

Sail Date: October 19, 2012

Ship was lacking in maintenance, many cabins had cabin temperatures over 75 degrees and I did not sleep for two nights before they adjusted it and I had to sleep on top of the bed as it was an oven. Offered to move us on the 6th day after multiple complaints They serve food on the buffet I believe to ration out the quantities that you get I had a sandwich with two skinny slices of Pastrami and had to ask for a third. I wanted bacon in the morning and had to stand in the egg line to get bacon. They ran out of coffee continually in the morning. Ship was a bad experience, to many other choices for your money. It appeared they lacked proper amount of man power and had alot of neglected maintenance.

Pros: entertainment

Cons: lack of air conditioning in cabin \, and lack of full buffet for breakfast and lunch

Recommends Zuiderdam? No.

no air conditioning in the tropics