Zuiderdam Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Nearly Perfect

Sail Date: June 01, 2006

My wife and I took this ship as it had a stopover in Tortola, which by all accounts didn't disappoint. It is a friendly, relatively unspoiled island...wife and I had the beach entirely to ourselves, in season no less.

Cruise was great with a very helpful and courteous staff that bent over backwards at every turn. On one of the formal nights, the ship's chief engineer sat at our table. Turned out he was the one who had also supervised the ship's overhaul. Great stories and a fascinating insight into the workings of the boat.

Pros: Plenty of room to wander on the ship and find places to sit quietly, even though ship sold out

Cons: the stopover in Honduras

Recommends Zuiderdam? Yes!

Fine, well kept for an older ship
Unlike an experience on another line (Norwegian) where the "upgrade" restaurants were far and above the cuisine in the normal dining areas, dining upscale on the boat was uncessary. Food and service were excellent.
Great staff, considering the cruise was sold out...never a wait for anything!
More than enough to do and select from, all the basics in each port.

The horseback riding in Belize is an experience! My wife is an experienced rider, I am not. It is, however, NOT for the faint of heart as you will be going down some extremely narrow and steep hills.

We like to get out on our own...plenty of opportunity for this at all stops.