Zaandam Cruise Review to U.S. - Pacific, Northwest

Don't waste your money

Sail Date: April 20, 2011

The cruise was from San Diego to Vancouver, Canada. If I had known this was the tail end of the Mexican cruise and that the ship would be leaving for Hawaii after Vancouver, I would have never had booked the trip. This wasn't a cruise, but a fill in. Don't bother booking this trip. Our room didn't get any towel animals - or even a breakfast menu on one night. There were very few activities after 5 p.m., almost as if the ship had a curfew. I was excited when I found out there were cooking classes, but dissapointed when I found out they were on the Hawaii cruise (why they even advertised these classes was confusing). I ordered the "anniversary" package which was a bouquet of flowers and a photo. The bouquet that was delivered to our room looked half dead and I thought that perhaps the previous residence had left it behind. No mention of our anniversary.

The crew seemed really ticked off about something and were rude and non hospitable.

Pros: The food was very good

Cons: The activities and crew were a bit sour

Recommends Zaandam? No.