Don't waste your money

Zaandam Cruise Review to U.S. - Pacific, Northwest

4 Night Pacific Coastal Northbound (San Diego To Vancouver)
Sail Date: April 20, 2011
Ship: Zaandam
The cruise was from San Diego to Vancouver, Canada. If I had known this was the tail end of the Mexican cruise and that the ship would be leaving for Hawaii after Vancouver, I would have never had booked the trip. This wasn't a cruise, but a fill in. Don't bother booking this trip. Our room didn't get any towel animals - or even a breakfast menu on one night. There were very few activities after 5 p.m., almost as if the ship had a curfew. I was excited when I found out there were cooking classes, but dissapointed when I found out they were on the Hawaii cruise (why they even advertised these classes was confusing). I ordered the "anniversary" package which was a bouquet of flowers and a photo. The bouquet that was delivered to our room looked half dead and I thought that perhaps the previous residence had left it behind. No mention of our anniversary.

The crew seemed really ticked off about something and were rude and non hospitable.

Loved Butchart Gardens (sp?) - especially because it was a beautiful day
Don't Miss: The butterfly gardens if you love nature

Pros: The food was very good

Cons: The activities and crew were a bit sour

Recommends Zaandam? No.