Voyager of the Seas Cruise Review to Europe - Western Mediterranean

Cruising the Med on Voyager

Sail Date: October 14, 2006

Very excellent cruise. Even though we had 10 hours in each port it just wasn't enough time. 6 port cities in 7 days...exhausting. Guess I'll just have to go back for a longer visit to see what I missed.

Pros: Everything was great...food, cabin, ports,service,shows. Hard to pick what was best.

Cons: Leaving to go home. Disembarkation from the ship was smooth but getting a cab was an unexcusable hour long wait.Barcelona needs to revamp their taxi boarding system.

Civitavecchia (Rome), Italy
Beautiful city,also crowded. Be sure to try some gelato especially around the gelaterias near the Vatican. Yummy! Easy train ride to Rome.
Don't Miss: Without a doubt...Trevi Fountain.
Villefranche-Sur-Mer, France
Villefranche was a beautiful little port. It was an easy train ride to Monaco and Monte Carlo from there but I would probably spend more time in Villlefranche next time..lovely and romantic setting.
Don't Miss: Monte Carlo Casino and the Palace of Monaco.
Livorno (Florence & Pisa), Italy
Florence was stilll crowded in October. Pisa is quaint and I wish I would have spent more time there instead. If you plan to go to the Accedemia or other popular Florence museums be sure to get tickets at least a week in advance or you won't get in.I learned the hard way.
Livorno (Florence & Pisa), Italy
Naples, Italy
We started off taking a train to Sorrento but met Domenico in the train station and took a private tour with him to a cameo factory and then on to Sorrento and back to the ship. It was 90 euros very well spent for 2 people.
Don't Miss: The beauty of the Sorrento coastline and limoncello tasting.
Naples, Italy
Don't Miss: The beauty of the Sorrento coastline and limoncello tasting.
Civitavecchia (Rome), Italy
Don't Miss: Without a doubt...Trevi Fountain.
Villefranche-Sur-Mer, France
Don't Miss: Monte Carlo Casino and the Palace of Monaco.