Cruising the Med on Voyager

Voyager of the Seas Cruise Review to Europe - Western Mediterranean

7 Night Riviera And Italy (Barcelona Roundtrip)
Sail Date: October 14, 2006
Very excellent cruise. Even though we had 10 hours in each port it just wasn't enough time. 6 port cities in 7 days...exhausting. Guess I'll just have to go back for a longer visit to see what I missed.
Beautiful city,also crowded. Be sure to try some gelato especially around the gelaterias near the Vatican. Yummy! Easy train ride to Rome.
Don't Miss: Without a doubt...Trevi Fountain.
Florence was stilll crowded in October. Pisa is quaint and I wish I would have spent more time there instead. If you plan to go to the Accedemia or other popular Florence museums be sure to get tickets at least a week in advance or you won't get in.I learned the hard way.
Villefranche was a beautiful little port. It was an easy train ride to Monaco and Monte Carlo from there but I would probably spend more time in Villlefranche next time..lovely and romantic setting.
Don't Miss: Monte Carlo Casino and the Palace of Monaco.
We started off taking a train to Sorrento but met Domenico in the train station and took a private tour with him to a cameo factory and then on to Sorrento and back to the ship. It was 90 euros very well spent for 2 people.
Don't Miss: The beauty of the Sorrento coastline and limoncello tasting.
Don't Miss: Monte Carlo Casino and the Palace of Monaco.
Don't Miss: The beauty of the Sorrento coastline and limoncello tasting.
Don't Miss: Without a doubt...Trevi Fountain.

Pros: Everything was great...food, cabin, ports,service,shows. Hard to pick what was best.

Cons: Leaving to go home. Disembarkation from the ship was smooth but getting a cab was an unexcusable hour long wait.Barcelona needs to revamp their taxi boarding system.