Voyager of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Mixed Reviews

Sail Date: March 30, 2008

Room Type: Suite

The ship was beautiful! The crew kept it clean and RC filled up every available space with something to do or areas to sit. We were very impressed.

Pros: Variety of things to do and excursions

Cons: The Food!

Recommends Voyager of the Seas? Yes!

I expected better food! This was my first cruise and I had heard all about the excellent food. We had the same basic breakfast every day (boring), and the evening selections were not up to my expectations. Tried prime rib one night that was so tough we couldn't cut it. Despite sending it back for another, it remained tough. Lobster was tasteless. Other dishes were very unappetizing.
We were VERY happy with our Grand Suite!
Our stateroom attendent was Sharmie and she couldn't have been any better than she was! We doubled her tip! Any time we wanted something--there she was, and she greeted us every time we came & went. OUTSTANDING service. On the other hand, our head waiter never bothered to introduce himself to us, so we did NOT leave him a tip. The wine guy, Raul, wasn't around often enough to take orders or fill water glasses. We only ate in the regular dining room once since we were at a table with people who were so unlike us we couldn't stand the convo (rich drunks). Still, I give the ship staff full ratings because they were just plain GOOD!!
If you can't find something to do, you must be brain dead! There is ice skating, inline skating, ping pong, basketball, mini golf, rock climbing, an arcade, movie theater, pools (regular & adult--we hung out at the adult pool & the chairs were MUCH more comfortable!).
I just want to make a comment that the first thing I did when I arrived was drink 2 glasses of water from the bathroom faucet in our stateroom because I was so thirsty. They do NOT give free water. Within 2 hours I had severe flu-like symptoms (both ends) and had to see the ship's doctor for a total cost of $330. I was then quarantined for 48 hours--2 days of my vacation GONE. I blame the water, since I felt fine before I got on & no one I knew had the flu.
Montego Bay, Jamaica
Despite not having a fondness for Jamaica in general, this was the first time I LOVED it! The people were wonderful and for once didn't have their hands out for tips all the time. I went on the Canopy Tour (zip lining!!). It was AWESOME! If you're in good physical condition, DO IT. Scary but well worth the doing!
Don't Miss: Canopy Tour
We did the Dolphin Adventure. It was terrific--we got to hang onto the dolphin for a "belly ride," as well as have it push us using a boogie board. It was very hands on. One complaint: the platform was a steel grid that was VERY hard to stand on since it hurt the feet & was very slippery.
Don't Miss: There is more to do at the Dolphin port since it is in a park. There is a pool, beach & shopping. Don't miss the cheese/chicken quesadillas!!
George Town, Grand Cayman
We did the Sea Spi adventure where we had little 2-person boats (looked like wave runners without the handlebars. You used a joystick to make yourself move forward/back/left/right. They go VERY slow. You lay down on a cushioned seat (where you can also store your things like cameras), and glide along the reef looking at fish through a glass porthole. I got some great video, although we both got a little queasy/seasick, but that was relieved by sitting up instead of laying down.