Had a good time!

Volendam Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

Sail Date: June 01, 2010
Ship: Volendam
Overall the ship was nice, clean and comfortable. It (the decor) was a little dated but that did not take away from my good time. Everything was easily accessible, the elevators worked and I loved the way they put little carpets with the day of the week in the elevators; with so much coming and going, it did get confusing. I also loved the food. I was not please that our toilet did not work on a few occasions (our neighbors too). I was also not please with the shipboard cell/text charges, way too high!

Food was great, quality, temperature and variety were fine for my taste. The drinks were creative, but I was told that 2 bars charged 2 seperate prices for the same drink.

I was pleased with the variety of activities, and the schedule, but entertainment needed more...flavor, better quality, updating.

The staff was great from the front desk, to the restaurants, they were all very nice. One person at the tour excursion desk was not very pleasant, can't remember his name, but he was a little impatient with me.

Ship size was fine, the layout took some getting used to. It was overall clean, but there were issues with our toilet; I was not please that our toilet did not work on a few occasions (our neighbors too).

Other than the nonfunctioning toilets, the stateroom was fine

Pros: The variety of food.

Cons: Toilet periodically did not work

Recommends Volendam? Yes!