Volendam Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

I expected a lot more from Holland Ameri

Sail Date: June 01, 2009

Old and not very loved. Poor care was taken everywhere. All carpets were dirty &had enormous water stains. Elevators weren't working and malfunctioned daily. The dining waitstaff- very lackidasical & untrained. I left my camera behind, was the last person to leave, and appartently someone on the staff then stole my camera along with all Alaska memories- very heartbreaking. I have never heard of anything like this before- then the front desk was not at all helpful when I was in tears- wouldn't recommend this ship.

Pros: the view from the ship and the places we went, not necessarily the ports, just the scenic areas.

Cons: The ship- old and rundown the food was mediocre at best, we both expected a lot higher quality.

Recommends Volendam? No.