Vision of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

The people truly make the difference!

Sail Date: February 20, 2016

The staff on board the Vision were amazing.  Everyone was attentive, friendly, and went above and beyond to be helpful.  It was the perfect opportunity to relax, make new friends, enjoy great (and possibly obscene amounts of) food, and see some amazing sights.  While a smaller ship, there was still plenty to do and it allowed the staff to develop relationships with the guests that truly made the week a memorable experience.

I have been on one cruise before; it was my husband's first cruise.  We both LOVED it.  Mind you, he hates boats and doesn't really enjoy the ocean, so this was a big deal for him to love it.  It was quite rocky, but neither of us minded and even him being a relative landlubber, he was fine.  We got the beverage package, and that was phenomenal - no worrying about what we got to drink and how much it might add up... glorious - and well worth it!  My husband decided that if he had enough drinks, it would be like we were basically getting paid to drink because we saved so much.  The bottled water feature alone was well worth it, and the wine and alcohol were even better!

If you have a chance to go on one of their cruises (or any other) with the comedy act "Two Funny Guys," DO IT! They were hilarious!  We literally laughed so hard our faces hurt the next day.

I couldn't believe how fast the entire process was. My last cruise (albeit it over 15 years ago) entailed hours of waiting in long lines at either end. Not such here - I was thrilled!
We didn't do any formal excursions, just walking about, but it was a ton of fun and the locations were easy to navigate, even for first-time visitors.
So many great people - dining waitstaff: Estrella & Diana, bartenders: Luis & Arif; Cruise & Entertainment directors: Rob, Elvis, and later Orlando were a riot; our stateroom attendant Patrick was stellar!
Tampa, Florida
Coxen Hole, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras
Costa Maya (Mahahual), Mexico
Clearly, if you are there for the beverages, you are in the right place. Senor Frigs is a lot of fun, and most of the vendors will seal deals with you, even after seemingly relentless haggling, with shots of nice tequila. My place to shop!