Vision of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Ft.Lauderdale Cruise to Cozumel

Sail Date: October 04, 2014

I am always happy to cruise with Royal Caribbean. I will say that this cruise was different than my other experiences and I think the caliber of people and ship made for a different experience.  The whole experience from the customer service to the demographic of passengers was different.  I felt that the quality of people, food and the over all customer service was ok not outstanding but not terribly bad. My room was not as clean as I would have liked, the shower curtain was just a disaster...water everywhere. I was treated very rude by "Oksana" at the pool bar, I mean I was alone and she was just plain rude and loud that other guests saw as well....not a great moment.... but treated terrific by Sandra in the Centrum.  So my poor service was isolated and not a true reflection of the employees on board the Vision. There was a group from Brazil that just made the trip a bit uncomfortable for many passengers....they were loud, obnoxious and just un-classy. But they were paying passengers so ....what can I say.

I was thrilled to eat at Izumi's the Japanese restaurant which WAS the highlight of my trip. The service was SUPERB and I will say that this made up for any little mis service issues.

I do enjoy traveling on Royal Caribbean and will continue to cruise with Royal.

Its clear that the Vision of the Seas is an older ship but I still enjoy cruising. It was not terribly expensive so it was worth the amount of money one spent.
Izumi's was terrific...the best food.
The shower curtain was completely annoying....and it was not as clean as I 'm use too
I had some experiences of poor and just lack luster service, however, it is not a reflection of all the employees.
I enjoyed all the was fun.
I accidentally went to the childrens room...and it looked like a childs' utopian playground....terrific for families with children
I enjoyed myself.
Cozumel....had a great time.
Ft. Lauderdale (Port Everglades), Florida
Key West, Florida
bring a hat...its hot, bring water...if your not use to walking in the heat for small distances...this is not the trip for you....bring bug and mosquito spray

The buffet food was horrible and just not that appetizing. The dinning room was better. But if you like Japanese food....IZUMI's is the best in food and service........ or any of the higher end Chops....great service and food.