Vision of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Third Mate

Expectations Not Met

Sail Date: September 20, 2014

I recently went on a cruise with RC in May to the Bahamas, I had such a wonderful time that both my significant other & I couldn't wait to go on another cruise. This cruise did not live up to the Enchantment of the Seas cruise. The room attendant Mr. Brown, and Giovanni our waiter were wonderful. The room itself had a bad smell similar to mold in the bathroom. Mr. Brown did his best to get rid of the stench however at times it would return. My upmost disgust was with the Shore Excursion desk. The night before we docked in Grand Cayman a letter was slipped under our door advising out excursion was cancelled due to not enough participants. They dropped the letter off and then closed the SE desk so I had no one to discuss details about the new excursion they booked us for. The next day in Grand Cayman the SE desk was closed again and we were advised by the Guest Services reps to see Jose the director in the AM at 7:45 so he can help assist with the issue. We were booked on a similar excursion but not to the awesomeness of our initial one. Needless to say Jose was "too busy" to talk to us that morning and advised us to go on the excursion and he would talk to us later.... so our option was go on the excursion picked or don't go on any at this point. So we went. The excursion was okay definitely not as awesome as the first one was quoted to be. Overall they didn't have the same vibe as the EOTS in May. Also there was no consistency for the mixed drinks. If you got a Frozen Mojito it varied the consistency at every bar. Some put too much sweetener others put too much mint or even once no mint at all. For $250 I expect consistency and a frozen drink they would make them too slushy.

Quest could have been better & more excitement from entertainment staff; Mr. Luis the magician was amazing!
Lots of R&R
If you could get over the smell, it was great! Spacious bathroom and you can tell recently remodeled.