Excellent value for the money

Vision of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

4 Night Western Caribbean (Galveston Roundtrip)
Sail Date: September 11, 2014

If you a looking for a luxury cruise, this is not the one for you. I don't mean that as a negative statement. The ship is old and a bit out dated but it was clean and well maintained. I went with the intention of turning off my phone, reading a few books, seeing the shows and getting a tan. That is exactly what I accomplished. The food was not gourmet or 5 star but there was plenty of it and many choices. It was sometimes difficult to get a cocktail, very different than past cruises where waiters constantly ask you if you wanted one. On the pool deck as well as the main buffet I was never approached by a server and asked if I cared for a drink (I was in the main dining room)

Again, this cruise is a value 3 day get a way and it is what you make it

Plentiful but nothing special

I enjoyed the shows

Did their jobs, did not go the extra mile for the most part

old, but maintained

Very outdated, but very clean. Spacious for an interior in a good location on the ship. Would have liked colder A/C option

Nice lite lunch and snacks available in the Solarium

Usual port tourist shopping with very aggressive vendors