Viking almost excellent
Viking Neptune Cruise Review to Europe
Sail Date: July 22, 2015
Ship: Viking Neptune
Cabin Type: Oceanview
Traveled As: Couple
Reviewed: 2 years ago
This year we had a full travel schedule but were swayed by the price of this cruise and an opportunity to try Viking. We are very experienced travelers, with a number of land tours, three river cruises and maybe 60 ocean cruises, mostly on Celebrity Cruises.
Viking had a few flaws but in total I think its an excellent, well organized company. We will travel Viking again! To be concise:
1. The European staff were excellent with excellent language skills. Ocean cruises have a surplus of very nice Asian and Indian people with poor English language skills. It was a pleasure to be served by people who communicate easily.
2. Ditto for the guides.
3. Viking featured some nice service touches, including a staff member to direct us to the correct airport gate for embarkation.
4. Dinners were generally excellent and the wine was good and local.
1. Service was a little slow because of the understaffed dinning room.
2. Lunch was ordinary but fine.
We like sight seeing on our own and skipped several excursions for various reasons. We aren't war types, so the very creepy cemetery at Omaha Beach (been there) was optioned in favor of a wonderful day in Rouen. However,Viking did a good job of highlighting attractions in Paris and Normandy.
We recommend Viking and will travel again with the company.